I acquired Binger on January 6th, 2020 and put 7,000 miles on it in 15 months. I was experiencing a lot of blow by and the day before the compression and leak down tests it started missing badly at idle. Compression in cylinder #2 was 20!  I was quoted $3,300 on a rebuild, worse case. After one last mountain drive, I think an overnight to Steamboat, I will be letting her start another adventure. I became obsessed with the car, and this forum, but now need to keep the family happy. It is a remarkable car and even though it’s an automatic still a hoot to drive. Thanks to everyone who has helped me the past 15 months. I never quite became the mechanic my Dad was but I think I took the lead amongst my three brothers. May all our cars and us stay forever young. 

4146114A-1682-495D-A0CA-0570578B68E3.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry to hear that but letting the cars adventure continue with some one else is far better than it mouldering away in a field somewhere. Sometimes its the right choice.

Been following your engine posts, sorry.

Nice looking car, hope it goes to a good home.