• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ireland Engineering contact - phone is always direct to busy

WRKO

On 4/12/2021 at 3:14 PM, jp5Touring said:

Eight days in, and still processing.  They have shut down website so can't even check on order.

There trying to catch up site says. Could be at least a week.   

Yeah, I placed an order on the 8th. I think they are doing the right thing by not taking new orders. Digging a deeper hole would only make things worse, but it was probably a hard decision to stop money coming in.

All that said, it still makes me nervous. I will wait a few business days and if I haven't seen a shipment notification, I am going to try and cancel so that I can get my control arms and guibo from somewhere else. 

• Like 1

Some one appears to be doing some house cleaning over there as well.

Have been bidding a lot on EBay with one seller, lots of interesting stuff.

I won bids on pistons, Tii exhaust manifolds ,carbs and a set of blue manuals.

Return address on all of it has been IE customer service.

Hope they get back up and running soon, need to send them a flywheel for lightening and  may be buy a camshaft.

Edited by tech71

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

Placed my order on April 4th. I have gotten three emails asking if they should ship what's in stock or wait on backordered item. The website stated everything was in stock but guess not ?  Told them to ship what they have all three times.

Stated they  "hope to get it out tomorrow "  so eleven days and it just might get shipped.  

• Sad 1

On 4/5/2021 at 12:33 PM, jireland2002 said:

Yes I sold the business to Andrew Thorum.  I sold the assents of the corporation not the corporation.  This is standard procedure.  Andrew has his own corporation but has the right to use Ireland Engineering Motorsport name, website etc.  Should be business as usual.

I am still helping with tech questions.  You can still use my email address to ask questions.

Jeff Ireland

Jeff, thanks for all you have done for the 2002 community.  I have been buying parts for my 2002 and getting advice from you since 1994, and really appreciate all the ingenuity and common sense you brought to the community.  While I'm sad to see you sell the business, we all need a rest eventually!  

I wish success to the new owners of IEMotorsports, you have big driving shoes to fill.

Ian
'76 M2

'02 325iT

Just got off the phone with Ireland, The header you ordered  eleven days ago,well we don't have it in stock.

But for an extra $120. we can send you one that's ceramic coated.  Oh the out of stock fuel rail that we said was in stock.

Hey look well we found one of those.   So they wanted another $120. for something  I would have to grind off to add a bung and can get done by someone I know for a beer.  

Pass,  I asked for a full refund, which I got pretty quickly surprisingly. I think their getting a lot of practice on that.

Never again, one of the most incompetent parts purchase's I have seen.  

So any recommendations on a good header would be appreciated.   Thinkin going Big and getting the Kooglewerks one. 

I've been staring at the reproduction ALpina Tri-

3 hours ago, jp5Touring said:

yes they have but have another order coming in a couple /three weeks.

Dood....

Just buy this one. I've been staring/drooling over it for a while now wondering if I should bite the bullet.

http://www.kooglewerks.com/yard-sale/alpina-bundle-of-snakes-tri-y-replica-header-for-bmw-2002

So please... do it. So I don't have to. 

42 minutes ago, 2002Scoob said:

I've been staring at the reproduction ALpina Tri-

Dood....

Just buy this one. I've been staring/drooling over it for a while now wondering if I should bite the bullet.

http://www.kooglewerks.com/yard-sale/alpina-bundle-of-snakes-tri-y-replica-header-for-bmw-2002

So please... do it. So I don't have to. 

You could buy mine.

I‘m in Herbolzheim this afternoon and could just put it in the trunk.

https://marktplatz.bmw-02-club.de/index.php?page=item&id=3321

• Haha 1