Ireland Engineering contact - phone is always direct to busy

Hello -- Does anyone know if Ireland Engineering is open for business?  I've tried calling a few times over the last week or two and always get an immediate busy signal.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes I sold the business to Andrew Thorum.  I sold the assents of the corporation not the corporation.  This is standard procedure.  Andrew has his own corporation but has the right to use Ireland Engi

Toby,  Andrew is the guy you’d want to talk to.  He’s the guy who replaced me after I left.  He’s my age and has been around 2002’s for a long time.  His taking over the business after Jeff’s retireme

Hopefully the opposite.  If everything is AFU, sometimes one has to stop to get it sorted out.  Let us hope that this is the beginning of a new era for IE, maybe like the olden days some of us newbs h

Posted Images

Try calling a few times, you may get through. But email would be your best bet. Also, they recently changed ownership which can disrupt business while transitioning.  Not sure if Jeff is still part of the company but they are still open for business. 

Edited by Jae
Posted (edited)

thanks for the info all - calling from the east coast from 3 different numbers and services, I still get an immediate busy signal.  I'll try email instead...I am just trying to chase down a core return on calipers.  No big deal order or custom work.

Edited by WRKO
13 minutes ago, WRKO said:

thanks for the info all - calling from the east coast from 3 different numbers and services, I still get an immediate busy signal.  I'll try email instead...I am just trying to chase down a core return on calipers.  No big deal order or custom work.

Perhaps something to do with Good Friday?

Sometimes they just take the phone off the hook so they don't have to answer it. They used to do that when Jeff was out of town a lot. Now that Jeff left, there really isn't an excuse for that. Better luck with e-mail probably. 

First of all I would like to thank Jeff for his support and all he's done for the 02 community over the years, and wish him the best in whatever comes next in his life. Who bought him out does anyone know.

• Like 3

For my most recent order, it went to the PayPal of Andrew Thorum. The receipt I received also indicated a different name of Vintage Auto Werkshop but with the same address and phone information as Ireland. 

On 4/2/2021 at 7:34 PM, TobyB said:

Since Jeff's gone, who should you ask for when you want something done right, now?

t

(952) 473-7278?  What do you mean right part the first time?

Most of everything IE did was before my time, but I've never gotten a warm fuzzy from them like I get from some other vendors.  I'm sure they were great in their day, and a genuine thank you to Jeff for countless things I'm sure I'm ignorant of, but I don't order from IE anymore.

I had no problem getting ahold of them last week in regards to a wrong part sent (shocker?) and they called me back with an update after they received it.

They have some nice stuff you can't get elsewhere, but pretty much every order I've placed with them had a wrong part in it.