FAQ Search Function Changed

Go to solution Solved by steve k.,

As of this morning, using the search feature brings up "Web" results, with an option for "Images".  It shows the title of the thread the post is in and one random image from that thread, but no longer shows who is making the comment.

@steve k. is this because people say they prefer to search using Google and include FAQ in the search?

I'd gotten pretty good at finding what I was looking for when using our search system and preferred it to the google approach.

Is that system gone for good now?

Tom

• Administrators
  • Solution

I know people always complain about the search capabilities of the site.  The search functionality cannot really change as no one spends as much money on developing search functionality as much as Google or Microsoft, so base search will always be lacking something. Things it usually misses are spelling correction and ability to understand the "most relevant" results.

We had Google search at some point and i am trying it again. 

To avoid the Google Search, pick a category to search as Google Search is only activated for "Everywhere"

Steve K.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, steve k. said:

We had Google search at some point and i am trying it again. 

To avoid the Google Search, pick a category to search as Google Search is only activated for "Everywhere"

I thought it looked familiar.

Thank you for the category tip!  I'll be searching that way now.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...