Just received my rebuilt Recaros from Dave Varco.  These look great!  

I sent Dave the disassembled seats, basket weave material and new cushions from TMI.  He did the rest with German Vinyl.  There was also a twisted seat back.  It looks great.  Can't wait to have the car back to install these in!

Seats Rebuilt.jpg

• Like 15

Those seats look really nice and will probably look great in your 02, but originally on e21 Recaro seats the basketweave material in the middle was stitched horizontally not vertically and the stitching was spaced farther apart.

They fit in nicely with the retro wood paneling and furniture lol.

8 hours ago, 2002iii said:

Those seats look really nice and will probably look great in your 02, but originally on e21 Recaro seats the basketweave material in the middle was stitched horizontally not vertically and the stitching was spaced farther apart.

Perhaps David was going for a 2002-look v. 320-look for them.

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

I had seen this pattern done before a couple of times for '02's.  Since my tii is a 73 roundie, I wanted to do the 114 tribute seat pattern.  My rear seat is currently in its original skin, so they complement each other.

Edited by David Layton
  • Like 1