Cannon DGV Intake Manifold Fitment Help

[Text of posting disappeared! - edit to put in again]

New Cannon DGV intake and new OEM water divider share the upper bolt on cylinder one.  But the intake is much thicker!  Anyone have this happen and have a fix?

Intake - 1.jpg

Intake -2.jpg

Edited by LindrelT
Replaced text which disappeared!!

I would get a machinist to run a spot facer on the high side to bring it level, don't forget to leave clearance for the washer used to span the gap. But first I would send those pictures to Cannon and ask them to make it right.

Edited by Son of Marty

Ha! I have one of those Cannons. I guess that's why the Seller was letting it go cheap.

I shaved a washer or two to make up the distance. It's been on now for several years and no problem that I'm aware of.

DSCN3628crsm.JPG

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Thanks All!   I unknowingly did the 02Les fix...   washers!  Sad that a new part specific for the application has to be re-engineered to work correctly -- or maybe that is part of why we like to work on these old cars!!

Intake -2653.jpg

Edited by LindrelT