start with 4x4. 

Spend lots of time/money welding on a 2002 body. 

Easy :)

Jokes aside, In a previous life I had a Bugeye Subaru WRX wagon that was turned up to 11, and by far the most fun/easy to drive at it's limit car I've ever owned, and easy to work on to-boot. Subarus are Legos. 

Aftermarket parts are readily available, and I dunno about now, but noobs were crashing STI's left and right back in the day, so wrecked parts cars/parts were plentiful. 

Always thought it would be fun, and relatively easy (with a heavy sprinkling of skill, money, and time-all of which I lack) to graft one to the other and have a beast of an 02.

Edited by 2002Scoob
2 minutes ago, '76mintgrün'02 said:

This guy made a Bimbaru

Bemaru1.jpg

Tom

Got any more photos or a link? It looks like he took off the pans Nd welded to chassis and then reattatched frame fo body?

And hes so strong lifting it up 😂 

That is the only photo I saved.  There were a few more online, but I couldn't find them.  Maybe fotobucket ate them.

My 84 Subaru had 73 hp 260k miles ago.  I'll keep the m10 in the 2002.  I do have a 2002 exhaust in the EA81 from the Y pipe back and some Subaru wing nuts on my air cleaner; but that's the extent of my mixed up parts.

1 hour ago, NickVyse said:

I figured this was why he was asking the question.

2 hours ago, 2002Scoob said:

:)

Jokes aside, In a previous life I had a Bugeye Subaru WRX wagon that was turned up to 11, and by far the most fun/easy to drive at it's limit car I've ever owned, and easy to work on to-boot. Subarus are Legos.

In case you know anyone, I've got a '14 STI with 35k miles that needs a new home.  Could come with Ohlins suspension...

Edited by irdave
6 hours ago, NickVyse said:

Hey Nick,

Chris at Sin City BMW that built this, bought my old E30ix for the project. Just saw this car when I visited him a month ago. Gave him another light bar for the roof.

He has also built a 2002 with a 911 fast back roof. It actually looks pretty cool.I'll se if I can find a pic.

Dan

dq