Greetings to all,

Will 15" x 7 with ET 20 wheels fit without any issues at all or does it depend on suspension settings as well?

I have been looking for ages on the forum but I read mixed answers...

I have no way to try these before ordering so please be so kind to let me know if I will have any fitment issues

Thanks allot

Review the following post as it has some good info. What is the suspension set up and tire size do you want to run? If lowered, I believe 15x7 et25 is the best fit with 195. You may or may not need to roll the front fenders. Et20 might get away with it on a stock height set up. 

Edited by Jae
  • Like 2

According to a offset to backspacing calculator I found, a 15x7 et20 has about the same backspacing as 14x6 et33 E30 bottle cap wheel, so it will clear the inner fender well ok. But that extra inch of width is going to end up on the outside of the wheel and probably hit the fenders without rolling the lip or flares.

• Like 1

Little bit too outsticky, methinks, too.  

If you have to guess, go higher with the offset/inset/e- number, and then you can spacer

a little if you need to.

t

milling 5mm off the face, maybe not always such a good ideaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

• Like 2
7 hours ago, TobyB said:

Little bit too outsticky, methinks, too.  

If you have to guess, go higher with the offset/inset/e- number, and then you can spacer

a little if you need to.

t

milling 5mm off the face, maybe not always such a good ideaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

Thanks,

how high? ET 25 Etc 30?

What is considered the best et for 7" wheels?

On 2/21/2021 at 10:08 PM, Jae said:

Review the following post as it has some good info. What is the suspension set up and tire size do you want to run? If lowered, I believe 15x7 et25 is the best fit with 195. You may or may not need to roll the front fenders. Et20 might get away with it on a stock height set up. 

Thanks, 

Does et25 on 7" fit clear the suspension without any rubbing?

Yes I think 195 tyres would be the best option 

According to my tests ET27 is still a bit more optimized from ET25. 7" wide ET30 would be touching the front strut housing.

195 tire gives you some space but with 205 ET needs to be spot on to avoid rubbing in all conditions.

Edited by Tommy
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, filip1602 said:

Thanks, 

Does et25 on 7" fit clear the suspension without any rubbing?

Yes I think 195 tyres would be the best option 

Yes, as I’m running 15x7 et25 on 195/50 and don’t experience any suspension or fender rubbing. But I am lowered on ie stage 2 and have fixed camber plates. So again, if your on stock height you should not have fitment or rubbing issues. Depending if you lower it, you may or may not rub the fender lip but not any suspension components.

• Like 1

Do these specs cross over to 13 inch wheels or are there other factors that affect a 13 X 7 ET25 wheel from fitting? 

Like the steering tie rod end or ... ?

Asking for a friend. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Lorin said:

Do these specs cross over to 13 inch wheels or are there other factors that affect a 13 X 7 ET25 wheel from fitting? 

Like the steering tie rod end or ... ?

Asking for a friend. 

For backspacing and offset yes, for clearance of steering and brakes no.

1 hour ago, 2002iii said:

For backspacing and offset yes, for clearance of steering and brakes no.

So you’ve tried a 13x7 wheel and it hits all brake options as and also the steering?

The wheels on his car are 13x6 borranis that are probably ET13 and there is a decent amount of room to the strut. 

Edit:

I went out and measured my Campys which are similar spec and the steering tie rod end is less than an inch away from my 205s , I think a 6.5 inch wheel would work with the right offset and drop center location. 

Edited by Lorin
24 minutes ago, Lorin said:

So you’ve tried a 13x7 wheel and it hits all brake options as and also the steering?

The wheels on his car are 13x6 borranis that are probably ET13 and there is a decent amount of room to the strut. 

Edit:

I went out and measured my Campys which are similar spec and the steering tie rod end is less than an inch away from my 205s , I think a 6.5 inch wheel would work with the right offset and drop center location. 

No I have not tried 13x7 wheels, but the factory 2002 turbo came with 13x6 alloy wheels and from what I've heard they were pretty close to the steering arm and strut body.

Yeah its going to be a tight fit so measure a lot.