23 minutes ago, halboyles said:

Well at least the roof structure protected the foolhardy young man. Nice to see motorcyclists stopping to help and thinking about turning the battery off. You can hear the driver cursing, probably when he realizes hes going to have to tell his dad what happened. I found the video on YouTube and it appears to be on Mulholland drive in LA, not known for safety.

• Like 2

I am glad the driver and passenger are ok (presumed).

That car had definitely been loved. Someone put serious effort into body work prior to paint and it looks detailed throughout. Nice car.

And finally, I am constantly amazed that there are 2002 drivers who are not actively part of the 'Faq! (again, presumed, but I don't recall seeing that car anywhere).

~JasonP

I have seen this car on PCH.

I am going to guess. Got into the prior corner too hot and lifted with some following over correction.

In a 2002 you feather the throttle add gentle correction and drive out of it.

Nice detailed bottom.

20 hours ago, Conserv said:

Uhhh.... I lifted...

And I was.... 17...

7FB80E40-5328-41CD-8FD8-10343864F424.jpeg

"Theres yer problem"look at those skinny bias ply tires!

Notice the roof and passenger compartment are only slightly deformed. Is that the dashboard sticking out of the windshield frame?

Teenage drivers are the worst(I was once one of them), it's not if they will crash, it's when they will crash. This is why you start your kid on a slow beater car, so when they wreck it you won't care as much.

I'm glad my first car when I was 16 was a crappy Honda Civic, since I ran it into a pole. My second car and all subsequent cars have been treated much better.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, 2002iii said:

"Theres yer problem"look at those skinny bias ply tires!

Notice the roof and passenger compartment are only slightly deformed. Is that the dashboard sticking out of the windshield frame?...

Excuuuuse me: those are the original XAS’s! (The car had just over 20K miles when I did this.)

Actually, there was 18” of deflection at the cowl, probably one of an ‘02’s stronger areas. Anyone sitting in the passenger seat would have had their legs crushed. And this is why I’m not anxious to expose others — my family and friends — to what is now 50-year-old “safety technology”, simply because I find these cars fun to drive...

For me, driving ‘02’s is best as a solo sport!

Best regards,

Steve

• Like 1