Any opinions on Dakota Digital?

I am looking at the PAC-2800BT electric fan controller.  It’s programmable so I can set the on and off temps.  It’ll work with a stock temp sensor or the VDO .  I have both as I am using a VDO temp gauge in addition to the stock one.   It has some great features.  2 speed operation with compatible fans (I think my SPAL fan is 2 speed compatible). 0-5 min after shutoff fan timer. Cool feature.  Will work with AC if the car has is.  Is Bluetooth so once wired all programming and adjustments can be made from my phone or iPad.  I have not used any Dakota Digital products before but the reviews are very positive.  Just wanna see if there are people with any personal experience with that company before I take the plunge. 

9 hours ago, jrhone said:

Just wanna see if there are people with any personal experience with that company before I take the plunge. 

I have not used their fan controller but, I use a gauge set in my 68 Camaro and they work and look great. The dash gauges and my console gauges all integrate together and it is a very plug and play setup.  It is a very legit company to work with.

I have one installed on my Land Rover single fan set up and VDO temp gauge.  I have no complaints, the Bluetooth feature is nice to dial things in.  I have no experience with any alternatives, but they all seemed clunky and archaic compared to the DD.

It can't be mounted in the engine compartment if that is a concern.

Edited by Kronos

Thanks for the info.   Just want something more elegant than on or off.  This looks like what I’m looking for.   I have been wanting this for at least 4 years now. LOL

Edited by jrhone
  • Like 1