Jeff d’Avanzo SoCal Vintage BMW - sad news

I just read this somewhere else and thought that it would be appropriate to post this here as he impacted so many people here.

Repost from @johnbarlowiv

Dear SoCal Vintage family:
It is with deep sadness that I inform you that SoCal Vintage co-founder Jeff d’Avanzo died early this morning from COVID. Jeff was a dear friend to all of us, and he leaves an unfillable void in our world. We will honor his memory more fully at a later date. In the meantime, please take COVID seriously, and take care of each other. 
With lots of love to Jeff’s friends, family, and the vintage BMW community, John.  #socalvintagebmw

This is a tough one.  A huge loss for our community.  My prayers go out to his family and friends.  We will miss him.   

Edited by jrhone
  • Sad 10
  • jrhone changed the title to Jeff d’Avanzo SoCal Vintage BMW - sad news

These are very sad news, hitting close to home as Jeff was an active organizer within the 02 community in Southern California. Most of us here who've been part of the 02 community during the past 15 years have met him or known of him. Even if you didn't know him, but had attended a SoCal Vintage event, you've heard his voice as he made announcements for rewards, etc. 

My sincerest condolences to Jeff's family,

Slavs

Edited by Slavs

this is an unbelievable loss for the community

he was the face and voice of the socal vintage meet for 15+ years

please wear masks/wash hands/stay home and stay safe so we can make it to another day

rip

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, bmw_e30 said:

please wear masks/wash hands/stay home and stay safe so we can make it to another day

rip

Yes please, all our 2002 brothers/sisters are to valuable to loose, just be cool and mask up, sadly by the middle of this month we will have more covid deaths in th U.S. than servicemen/women than were killed in ww2. 

• Sad 1