French Wheeler Dealers and a 2002 Turbo

2002#3

French Version of Wheeler Dealers

Looks like "Mike" has taken a bath and "Edd" has had a haircut.

The following prices ares based on 1/1/21 Euros conversion to USD.

• Purchase:  $83,731
  • Parts:         _  8,828
  • Total:         $92,559
  • Sale Price:  ?

prices:    47 min

driving:   @ 48 min

track:      @ 50 min

sale:        @54 min

Larry

• Like 4

Well worth watching, even if you don't speak French.  The dismantling and bodywork sequences are most interesting--especially some of the small patch panels they used--presumably from W & N.  And at the very end, the track driving scenes are priceless--it's being flung around that track like it was 1975.

I'll bet there are folks on the FAQ that would love to have those accessory side grilles with the built-in Cibie driving lights.   And...for the nice job they did on this Turbo restoration, someone forgot to slop some black paint on the hood hinges behind the grilles.

mike

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mike Self said:

... I'll bet there are folks on the FAQ that would love to have those accessory side grilles with the built-in Cibie driving lights....

I wonder, Mike, if the side grilles could be “standard”, albeit recognizably aftermarket, quad-headlight grilles. Although these grilles were designed for four 5 3/4” headlights, the very “outboard” mounting of the 7” headlights and 6” (?) auxiliary lights on the turbo suggest — at least to me — that they’ve mounted the lights in-front-of the built-in plastic bezels. Just a thought, since I’ve never seen a dual-headlight-plus-dual-auxiliary-light plastic grille.... 🤔

I must admit that the thought of a grill designed for two 7” headlights and two auxiliary lights sounds pretty great to me!

Best regards,

Steve

A9BBD88D-63A2-4179-ADB6-55D3DC08FF78.png