• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear brake line clip NLA

mvliotta

I'd suggest you get a couple of the 34321107991 dual-line clips.  They've been used on basically every BMW from the dawn of Bavarian time and I think still are today.  Clips nicely to the brake lines and if you only need it on one line then you can utilize the other 'half' for formulating the mounting solution to the arm/body/etc.  Hell back in the E70 days we even used them in production briefly as a band-aid to protect a rear line from a lower-than-desired-clearance condition from a weld seam on the rear subframe.  I had to pull the drawing for the clip to make sure it was thick enough in all directions to work for this until we would get the lines re-routed and I remember noticing that the latest drawing revision for the clip had been signed off on back in 1962!

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-spacer-holder-34321107991#fitment

• Like 3

If you can't find a similar clip from either another BMW or German car, I'll bet you can make one from a small binder clip and slit a piece of vacuum hose.    Slip the hose over the brake line, fasten the clip over the hose-protected brake line and clamp to the trailing arm.  Then remove the arms from the clip.  Be sure and use a clip that's small enough to grip both the trailing arm and the vacuum hose.  The MacGyver approach.

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

17 minutes ago, NYNick said:

I can't believe you can't get one from this crowd.  Maybe post in Classifieds? Worth a try.

3 hours ago, mvliotta said:

Any alternatives?

What are they again?  RealOEM says you need 8 per car.  I'm not seeing the application.  I guess a clue is that 8 "rubber grommets" are required per car as well.  Has someone got a picture?

This is all I've got.

brakeline clamping.jpg

73 Inka Tii #2762958

1 hour ago, PaulTWinterton said:

What are they again?  RealOEM says you need 8 per car.  I'm not seeing the application.  I guess a clue is that 8 "rubber grommets" are required per car as well.  Has someone got a picture?

This is all I've got.

brakeline clamping.jpg

Behind your spring, where the brake line goes through your subframe in your picture, is the clip Vince is looking for. Actually, they are necessary to hold your line.

1974 2002 Tii-SOLD

1978 911SC Coupe

1988 Landcruiser

2020 M2 CS

2 hours ago, NYNick said:

Behind your spring, where the brake line goes through your subframe in your picture, is the clip Vince is looking for. Actually, they are necessary to hold your line.

Ahh... I think you mean it holds the handbrake line.  Held in place with a 5mm self-tapping hex head screw. But that is shown in a different diagram.

Still haven't determined what #34321115086 is.  8 pieces per car are listed.  Could it be for a regular 2002 vs the 2002tii?  Or a replacement for the welded on holder as shown in my first image?

Handbrake clamp3.jpg

Handbrake clamp2.jpg

Handbrake clamps4.jpg

Edited by PaulTWinterton

73 Inka Tii #2762958

43 minutes ago, mvliotta said:

Found a very similar clip online (Digikey wire clamp)  for 1/100th of the BMW price of $26 each...holy mother of Moses!

07D47CFE-ED02-4F65-88DB-1AA0070EF6D6.jpeg

Yeah, that's the exact clip I found at HD, but mine had rubber insulator.

1974 2002 Tii-SOLD

1978 911SC Coupe

1988 Landcruiser

2020 M2 CS