Rear brake line clip NLA

mvliotta

I'd suggest you get a couple of the 34321107991 dual-line clips.  They've been used on basically every BMW from the dawn of Bavarian time and I think still are today.  Clips nicely to the brake lines and if you only need it on one line then you can utilize the other 'half' for formulating the mounting solution to the arm/body/etc.  Hell back in the E70 days we even used them in production briefly as a band-aid to protect a rear line from a lower-than-desired-clearance condition from a weld seam on the rear subframe.  I had to pull the drawing for the clip to make sure it was thick enough in all directions to work for this until we would get the lines re-routed and I remember noticing that the latest drawing revision for the clip had been signed off on back in 1962!

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-spacer-holder-34321107991#fitment

• Like 3

If you can't find a similar clip from either another BMW or German car, I'll bet you can make one from a small binder clip and slit a piece of vacuum hose.    Slip the hose over the brake line, fasten the clip over the hose-protected brake line and clamp to the trailing arm.  Then remove the arms from the clip.  Be sure and use a clip that's small enough to grip both the trailing arm and the vacuum hose.  The MacGyver approach.

mike

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NYNick said:

I can't believe you can't get one from this crowd.  Maybe post in Classifieds? Worth a try.

3 hours ago, mvliotta said:

Any alternatives?

What are they again?  RealOEM says you need 8 per car.  I'm not seeing the application.  I guess a clue is that 8 "rubber grommets" are required per car as well.  Has someone got a picture?

This is all I've got.

brakeline clamping.jpg

1 hour ago, PaulTWinterton said:

What are they again?  RealOEM says you need 8 per car.  I'm not seeing the application.  I guess a clue is that 8 "rubber grommets" are required per car as well.  Has someone got a picture?

This is all I've got.

brakeline clamping.jpg

Behind your spring, where the brake line goes through your subframe in your picture, is the clip Vince is looking for. Actually, they are necessary to hold your line.

2 hours ago, NYNick said:

Behind your spring, where the brake line goes through your subframe in your picture, is the clip Vince is looking for. Actually, they are necessary to hold your line.

Ahh... I think you mean it holds the handbrake line.  Held in place with a 5mm self-tapping hex head screw. But that is shown in a different diagram.

Still haven't determined what #34321115086 is.  8 pieces per car are listed.  Could it be for a regular 2002 vs the 2002tii?  Or a replacement for the welded on holder as shown in my first image?

Handbrake clamp3.jpg

Handbrake clamp2.jpg

Handbrake clamps4.jpg

Edited by PaulTWinterton