Pics of e21 Recaro seat back internals?

Hi All,

I recently picked up a set of Recaro e21 seats locally. They are in good survivor condition but the cables on both are snapped so the flip forward function doesn't work correctly. I am told they are "later" model because they have levers on both the left and right side of the seat backs. I am trying to figure out what the cable routing is inside the seat backs, without cutting up the upholstery. The first and 2nd pics below are my seats.

I found a pic of a Recaro e21 seat back without upholstery which also has 2 levers (3rd pic below), but I'm pretty sure my cable routing is different than this. Does anyone have a pic of the cable routing inside a Recaro e21 seat back that is the same type I have?

Thanks!

My Seats

PXL_20201030_211124304.jpg

PXL_20201030_210851070.jpg

Pic of another e21 Recaro internal

recaro e21 seat back2.jpg

you can't change your underwear with your pants on

you'll ...have to take the covers off to fix the broken cables...when you do, you'll see how the cables are routed...

• Like 1

I can’t help you with this directly. When the cable on my driver side seat broke, I found I could reach down to the release lever down in the hinge area and just flip it up with my finger. Not elegant, but I refuse to put that seat cover on again.