Crankshaft seal help

9 minutes ago, Son of Marty said:

Yeah I kinda figured that I just added the last part for people reading this later. If it was my car I'd get the ring it's under a buck and thats no place for a leak IMHO.

oh, i'd feel much better with a new washer there. even with the aforementioned BMW part #, I'm not having an easy time finding it for sale on a site; i'll keep looking.

I have to agree with above: push the pause button, get the Haynes manual, retrace your steps to ensure you've done everything right. You risk having the whole thing go kablamo because you got something backward. For example, those seals go one way.  

Also, check the bigger rear seal and let us know if it has a coil spring wrapped around the inside - or not.

You are referring to this one correct?

I dont doubt it be reused but based on the degree of difficulty involved in getting at it in an installed engine and the outcome of leakage there...

I'm buying a new one, tossed it in my cart with other stuff so shipping is minimal. 

It's used in a number of engines so theres a good possibility that its available at the local BMW dealer, that would save $$$ on shipping

When you Google it, remove spaces between #s and drop BMW in front. It's out there

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&sxsrf=ALeKk03csw6Sn1JnjD2xQhf7diFEkljdIw%3A1606789736345&ei=aKrFX9fDFLuz0PEPqOuu-Aw&q=BMW+07119963466&oq=BMW+07119963466&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQDDIECCMQJzoECAAQRzoFCAAQzQJQ0zlYg1pgj6kBaABwAngAgAFmiAGHApIBAzIuMZgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXrIAQLAAQE&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwjXl9qb3qvtAhW7GTQIHai1C88Q4dUDCAwIMG_1067.JPG

IMG_1513.JPG

IMG_1684.JPG

Edited by tech71