Should I swap Weber dgv 23/36 carb for a 38/38?

i disagree with the naysayers ...i have them on 3 stock engines and there is a significant difference in "get up and go" if i bought another o2 that would be the 1st thing i did, put a 38/38 on it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Split the difference and get a Sync-Link kit. Cheap to try. May take a bit of finagling with jets/settings etc.

People have had mixed results. Some love it and others could not get the carb settings right. 

Just about the same result of getting a 38/38, without the price and commitment. 

Many of us find the 38/38 to be hard to tune right at light- throttle cruise.

Others of us don't.

On a mostly- stock engine, you'll certainly get more grins per mile and less miles per gallon on the 38, as Esty says,

but I found that the lap times were pretty much the same, 32 or 38.

Both flow plenty for the stock- ish M10.

t

• Like 2
On 11/1/2020 at 9:12 PM, 2002iii said:

32/36=Smog and Economy

38/38=More power and less MPG

DCOE 40=a little more power and a little less MPG

DCOE 45=Even more power and even less MPG

2 DCOE 40s=Street and Track

2 DCOE 45s=Full racing motor

While this is OK in terms of general guidelines, it's not quite that simple either.  Even a single 45 a low compression stock motor is too much carb and you'll have a devil of a time getting it to run right.  Also with a stock camshaft, I don't think a 32/36 limits the top end breathing much compared to a 38/38. But the fun of the 38er is that you get more throttle sooner with less pedal input, plus it has room to 'grow' with a more aggressive cam later on.  So my advice is 32/36ers for stock engines, and 38/38ers for cars that have additional engine plans in the pipeline.

On 11/1/2020 at 6:12 PM, 2002iii said:

32/36=Smog and Economy

38/38=More power and less MPG

DCOE 40=a little more power and a little less MPG

DCOE 45=Even more power and even less MPG

2 DCOE 40s=Street and Track

2 DCOE 45s=Full racing motor

Not what I have been told by a number of 02 Engine Builders and racers....

I have been told that a 38/38 can make more power than Dual DCOE 40s.  Not sure how 1 DCOE 40 or 1 DCOE 45 will make more power.  

To the original poster...it all depends on the engine...I had a 38 on a stock motor and it was fun...even more fun on a engine with bigger positions, higher compression and a 292 cam.