• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone here expert on S2000 conversion?

Mike A

19 minutes ago, xr4tic said:

And for everyone saying "just turbo the M10", afaik, there is no readily available turbo kit, so there will be fab work involved with that with an EFI conversion needed first.

Sorting out your fueling is probably the best first step as you’re planning on doing, first thing you may want to do is run new feed and return lines under the car prior to fuel injection, not that hard but a little time consuming

I don't take myself or opinions Seriously

My 4th 2002 and the first set of Square Tail-Lights

See the 4 versions of my 2002 project here: SoCal S2002 | Facebook

4 minutes ago, jimk said:

Cost to rebuild the M10 to virtually new condition as above for comparing to an F20 is a bit distorted, because the F20 cost is not for a newly built F20?

(not to confuse the performance issue with the cost issue).

It's comparable because whenever someone asks about an F20 swap, a lot of the replies are "just rebuild your M10" and usually followed up with "turbo it"

Plus, most M10s are well used and probably in need of a rebuild (mine was), whereas an F20 has lots of life left and doesn't need a rebuild, it would be a waste of money.

My point is the cost issue, it's not as cheap as people seem to think, and if you want more performance, you'll be adding thousands to the cost.

If, however, you have a nice running M10 with some light mods and are looking for more, then EFI+turbo is probably the best cost to performance ratio, but not everyone is starting there.

• Like 1

John Baas

1976 BMW 2002

2001 BMW M5

My Blog!

12 minutes ago, chargin said:

Sorting out your fueling is probably the best first step as you’re planning on doing, first thing you may want to do is run new feed and return lines under the car prior to fuel injection, not that hard but a little time consuming

Already done, NiCopp lines w/EFI pump, FPR is adjustable from 3 - 60psi, running carb now and with a spring change, can run EFI

20200223_174100.jpg

20200308_175433.jpg

• Like 2

John Baas

1976 BMW 2002

2001 BMW M5

My Blog!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2020 at 4:49 PM, Mike A said:

Starting one from scratch may be beyond my capability at this stage but if anyone knows of a fully sorted example that may be up for sale ,I'd like to make contact.

Mike, 

I have the first f20c swapped 02 that CaTuned built and it is fully sorted mechanically.  Feel free to pm me if you are interested in discussing it and I can send you some photos.   

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

A busy few work days 

IMG_1820.thumb.jpeg.e5da6a49e023884333784c9e43f236ae.jpeg

shaved off the M10 motor mounts and added heat shield to bulkhead

IMG_E1822.thumb.jpeg.b0571d5de88b54daedd38fb7b8657936.jpeg

a better view

IMG_1850.thumb.jpeg.1e5a435cdf40574afb2a4888c3607df6.jpeg

radiator installed

IMG_1153.thumb.jpeg.4b8117143f78389d318e88bf9c8fab9c.jpeg

waving good bye as it heads to CandelaMFG for fabrication 

MotorMountv4.thumb.jpg.4d470e5bfee6fd0d8ee08b5401340d36.jpg

The Latest Version 4 A/C Compliant Motor Mounts 

IMG_1451.thumb.jpeg.ce7499e3366a755f0a5ddc8a328759a4.jpeg

lees than a full work day and the motor is fully mounted in and Transmission is installed 

IMG_2472.jpeg

You can see here plenty of room for the Denso Compressor 

Edited by chargin
  • Like 3

Hello Georges

CandelaMFG fabricates the mounts as you know. 
We set up a Install Package to include:

install and position Motor and Transmission 

Fabricate new Exhaust tunnel

Modify both water necks

Modify Radiator 

Weld in CSB brackets for driveline

Fabricate Header

Fabricate 2.5” V-Banded exhaust 

Fabricate Intake 

Edited by chargin
  • Like 1

@Mike A check out my build thread, tried to post as many photos as possible for anyone else considering a similar build. I rewired the car, top to bottom, did a CAtuned monster rearend, and a vintage a/c unit. It was a very long process, but driving my car is SUCH A JOY! Scary, fun, visceral, all at the same time. SO WORTH IT!!!!

I'm running an AEM ems and have done all the tuning myself. Keep an eye out for the drive-by-wire vs. drive-by-cable F series engines, that's key.

Please let me know if you have any questions, message me here, or better yet i'll message you my email address. 

Edited by Wallyinc
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Wallyinc said:

check out my build thread

as I’ve said to you before, on your own thread, you did a crazy Home Brew build, Hats off too your efforts, keep up the passion 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been slowly working on my swap using Chargin's mounts and driveshaft.  I'm almost there, I hope to have the car ready for a shakedown run in a few weeks.  Great product, great guy!

Edited by SteadFast
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...