• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

big auction in PNW this weekend

DavidLMM

Bill (whose stash this is/was) just sent me this - a reply from the auctioneer to him:

>We are not going sell items to be shipped from this sell, the logistics do not work for trying to get the house emptied.

>

>We will sell everything we can from the house to who ever shows up at the sell.

>All your goodies that do not sell we be moved to the warehouse for continued selling, the stuff that goes to the warehouse will be sold >over the next six months and can be shipped from the warehouse.

>The sale went national and regional yesterday, obviously a lot of people know what you have and if the want it they will come to the sell.

David

The trick (from this end of the country), of course, is to know what goes to the warehouse, the price on that item, and then how to identify the item of interest to the estate sale company....etc.....Then, the logistics of shipping. Wish I was there. Best of luck to Bill. I don't guess he knows/would share the contact person for post sale sales...?

Nope, not an auction at all.

whatever is NOT priced, you can haggle some.  Nothing crazy otherwise they'll throw you out, but I haven't seen that.

I picked up a Getrag 265, 245, and some mirrors.

He had like 8 245 trans.  Tons of heads/engine, etc.

Not much interior/exterior stuff for 2002s.  And the E9 parts he had were all for 2000CS.  Not 2800CS/3.0CS.

Tons of rear ends.  The way they were packed in there, it'd take forever find an LSD one.

Lots of wheels, but nothing I'd buy.  I'm going back there Saturday to see if I can haggle way down on what's left.  I'm sure they dont want to move most of that stuff to a warehouse.

I'm tempted to run by today, but also not sure I want to haul a bunch of stuff home. We'll see.... Lord knows I could use some extra parts just because lol!

• Like 1

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Bill came by the museum this afternoon while in Nashville. He is pretty upset about the whole situation. He and his wife let her son move into the house 18 years ago. Just recently, the son and family decided to also relocate to middle TN, so he called Bill up and told him he'd contracted with a home auction company to sell off everything, home and contents. As Bill understands it, after this weekend's sale, the remainder will be cherry-picked and moved to the warehouse for later sale, and everything left will be sold for scrap. He says if he had two tractor-trailers, he'd go pick everything up - but he doesn't. Go, get good stuff, save it from becoming a lawn chair!

David

5 hours ago, Russell74Fjord said:

Bill was very "proud" of his accumulation of parts! I too met him years ago, and recall his prices to be closer to retail than wholesale when I visited. My opinion,,, perhaps there is some flexibility now.  Definitely has some rare, NOS parts. 

That was my experience too, some 20 years ago.  

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Picked up the last 5 speed for someone today. Definitely some good stuff still there. Im mighty tempted to roll in with the dump truck Saturday and load up on '02 parts... There is a LOT of stuff left. Couple quick photos. Sorry for them being crappy... There's also a lot of straight scrap metal there too, but worth the pick!

YHQgwhH4_1Mp9y-hVtkR-MSCYlDUu1qboRok_3n9

oaVVLfVPrCyMsIqNISV42p7o6qjk1l4dcGLggPT7

0dYR09wM2MYv7v6BPwx_3cTmQzaZNfUbIANiQPOO

Bimhp6iWJmN3HIRPrRTtr5P1RZlJqehuACOX8n9L

sYUQmhx95Y3h5gqh2NbDibvrJZQtgUATpeYOpnSl

• Like 4

-Nathan

• 3 weeks later...

The really good stuff went to a warehouse. A lot of it went to scrap from my understanding. A lot of what was left by Saturday was scrap though, so not the biggest loss in the world.

-Nathan