DavidLMM

big auction in PNW this weekend

30 posts / 1734 viewsLast Reply

https://www.estatesales.net/WA/Kent/98032/2558427

An internet acquaintance that lives in middle TN, relocated from Kent WA about 20 years ago, is trying to make sure that his huge hoard of 02 and E9 and other parts don't end up being bought up by scrap metal guys. Other friends have been trying to find proxies to go bid/buy for them, without much success, so I am posting this here as a public service. It's not mine, I'm getting nothing from it, other than the satisfaction that hopefully most of the good stuff will end up in an appreciative garage, rather than melted down as scrap. Bill, the owner, has had poor communication from the auction house - it's a weird situation, but likely very worthwhile if you are in the area. Oh yeah, there are a ton of vintage comics, and a piano, also in the auction. It's 4 days, apparently there is a LOT of stuff to get through.

David

• Like 1

(edited)

Amazing, looks like tons of E9 stuff? Am I looking at 6 cylinder injection pumps there?

Love the vintage "Hipolito" camp lantern.

Carbs and carbs for days, literally sensory overload.

Limited access, 15 people at a time inside means long lines and wait times.

The selling outfit will sell you a mask for only $10! I don't like them already.

I'm 4 hrs away, tempting but probably not.

Thanks for posting, 

Edited by tech71
  • Like 1

Here is a partial list he sent me a few weeks ago. There are more pics today - it seems they are finally getting into everything and photographing it. Bill tells me there are also some Getrag 265 transmissions he forgot about that are part of it.

https://www.estatesales.net/WA/Kent/98032/2558427

Motors:

A lot of M10 (2002 )  complete and in pieces

A complete , eurospec M30 2800

A disassembled M30 2500

M30 cyl heads/cams

2 Euro-spec M20 323i motors

M10 and M30 heads 

A long-tube (4 into I ) E21 320I header 

A box of 28 reground (base-circle removed in UK) 2002 cams ........increases lift but not duration ...rehardened .individually wrapped ready to ship

Lots (boxes) of starters and wiper motors 

Factory (new ) alarm system for an E21

A lot of new Bosch distributor caps including the early 6-cyl BMW (small dia )

Collection of Weber carbs ...side-drafts and downdraft . Downdrafts are mainly (32/36 or 38/38 ) replacement for the later 2002 Solex . Some of the sidedrafts have 4 or 6 barrel intake manifolds for M10 or M30 motors .

One brand new set of Mikuni 44PH sidedrafts with intake manifolds/linkage for an M10 ...these are rare !! RARE!

A tall grey metal cabinet filled with side-mirrors , primarily for 6 and 7 series from 70's 

A metal cabinet with spark-plugs (NGK etc ) piston rings etc . Another with original BMW-sold gasket sets ..Elring etc 

About 10 or 12 Getrag 265 gearboxes ..close ratio and wide ..that fit E30M3 and manual 5,6 7 series .I seem to remember ONE Getrag 280 too

Lots of 4 speed boxes from 2002's

One VERY VERY rare long-shaft 4 speed (Collotti ??) from an early 4 cyl BMW ...like a 4-door 1800, 2000, 2CS 

Lots of diffs from 2002, earlier and later 5,6,7 series (couple of lim slip ?)

A heavy pile of flywheels clutches and disks ..including a 4-puck racing disk.

A 700 airfilter , complete 

A 2000CS airfilter , complete  

Wheels ??  OH Lord are there wheels ..DOZENS of singles and sets...especially 14" original E9 coupe Campagnolo's , a set of dark yellow painted Minilite replicas (Carrol Shelby had the licence ) for an E9 or Bavaria.

Sets of 14" Lancia wheels 4x98mm that fit 2002 with a slight adjustment to mounting holes , but may be worth more to Lancia collectors .

Pair of 2002 front figlass flared complete fenders (Schnitzer ? Flat tops ) installed once but never raced

Lots of rustfree gas tanks .

Seats (but rats ate upholstery )

A complete KIT from Dinan ...suspension for an E36M3 1995 (first year ) ..springs, bars , and Bilstein shocks . This kit was sold before Dinan went to Konis so the part-numbers are cut off the shocks .Kit was complete in a box.

Several sets of rusty 2000CS doors (complete ) ...with the rare metal strip on top of the side-glass.

A complete 2000CS air intake box complete with logo and end-caps

2 1967 2000c/cs cars (came from Calif , rustfree ) . The c was an automatic I had converted to manual but didnt complete the centre-console .

An E21 323i Schnitzer (original Schnitzer ) turbo .......(one was featured in Automotor und Sport ) ..5-speed faaast !! . Rebuilt for me in UK from 3 different chassis /bodies .Feels like it's doing wheelies sometime

I remember my couple of visits to Bill's house very well, maybe 1999 or so.  I think a remember a V12 on a stand in his garage, and his basement was just packed with parts, well organized if I remember correctly.  I bought some odds and ends from him for the E9 I had back then.  I thought he carted all that stuff with him to TN, but I guess not.  It's tempting to head down there on Wednesday...

I like the hexagonal wheels.

I call dibs on the silver cs.

t

If your local it's worth the visit. To bad this is not on the east coast.

Just posted to the PNW regional group and will be forwarding to our local email list shortly. 

Should be fun!

James

Someone get those Carrello driving lights for me.  They're exactly like the ones I put on my '69 when it was new; the reflectors have long since rusted away and I can't find new ones...

mike

• Like 1

(edited)

Wow, A Mercedes Gullwing fuel pump from this sale is-compared to one on eBay for $22,5000.00.  I am thinking that if you already own a G wing you it might be less expensive to have that one rebuilt. Surely there is an orphan out there in the world without a pump, right? 

I wonder how much for the obsolete X-Box?  

Edited by conkitchen

I want the spare wood dash parts to restore...the one on the ground in the pics just before the carbs.... Alas, I'm 2800 miles away...

Wait times? I do quite a few estate sales, and since covid, my advice is go early and still take a chair, a drink, and a sandwich (maybe an umbrella)...each of the 15 (knowledgeable) people inside will spend at least an hour-ish inspecting the contents. Good luck to those local.

13 hours ago, Mike Self said:

Someone get those Carrello driving lights for me. 

There needs to be a code for this purchase, or three of us might be bidding against each other, with the intention of sending them to you when we win!  ( I am not going ... just said "we" because I would try to win them, if I was there ).

Tom

• Like 1

If this is anything like past "auctions" I've been to, its not really an auction. It's go in, everything is priced, and it all drops day to day in price. So it's really a sale I am guessing. I'm tempted to go, but that last local garage find '02 I looked in the fall turned into a crazy priced car... Lord knows I have the space and a truck, but do I need more stuff? It's only 30 mins off......