tech71

10 weeks to process registration

12 posts / 300 viewsLast Reply

(edited)

Well this totally blows.

Survivor is sitting in my garage completely back together , both my parts wall and boxes are all empty.

It bombs up and down my driveway good, shifts, stops, steers, electrical system checks out, everything works. Insurance  purchased.

Ready for a road test but OR DMV has gone catatonic due to Covid-19. No in person vehicle registration allowed, just Online (doesn't work )

and mail in.

I mailed in my docs and a check July 7th thinking: "That should give me enough lead time" After numerous attempts to call I finally got through today only to be curtly informed that processing times are running 10 WEEKS!

Covid has impacted me hard, wife has been stuck in her motherland since Mar, we both lost our jobs, Oregon unemployment has literally imploded and now this.

I think I have had enough. Giant meteor time...just get it over with.

IMG_2068.JPG

IMG_2069.JPG

Edited by tech71

Virginia is extending registration renewal 1-2 months due to fewer staff working.  DMV offices are open but by appt only - once they open up the new times the whole day is booked in minutes.

Don't feel so bad.  Illinois' got ya beat.  I mailed in my license  renewal April 30.

Now the Secretary of States office tells everyone it MIGHT take until NOVEMBER 1.

(that'll be six months if anyone is counting).  I'm driving anyway. 

But this is Illinois and we all know Illinois never does anything right.

Mac.  

WA has been pretty good. I have successfully transferred two vehicles into my name during this time. Though they did forget to send the renewal reminder for my dump truck until 4 days after my tabs expired....

1 hour ago, John_in_VA said:

Virginia is extending registration renewal 1-2 months due to fewer staff working. 

If only it was that simple. Survivor has never been registered in Oregon.That opens a totally new can of bureaucratic bullcrap.

Hang in there bud. Car looks great. Maybe steal the plate from the white car for short rides?

22 minutes ago, FunElan said:

Hang in there bud. Car looks great. Maybe steal the plate from the white car for short rides?

Dude, dont tempt me, wish my driveway was longer.

Let’s see, Oregon, Illinois,Virginia ... New York is  2 1/2 months by appointment only. 
Florida, no delays

In CA I mailed in money for tags after DMV website wouldn't work for registration. I got my tags 3 months after expiration date, It took 4 months

2 hours ago, rcf925 said:

In CA I mailed in money for tags after DMV website wouldn't work for registration. I got my tags 3 months after expiration date, It took 4 months

AAA membership is worth it if you don't have it. My friend registered his new-to-him 318ti and got his tags immediately. 

Screw it, doesn’t matter anymore