• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB The Ultimate Driving 2002

Mr.9haus

Price: $20000

Description:

Well folks, I'd like to post my "WTB" ad to further expedite my 2002 search. I've been creeping around on these classifieds and there has been great examples of what I'm looking for. Although, I haven't had any luck being the first person in line... I'm typically a little too late to the party. I'm also constantly on BaT, Hemmings, BMWCCA, numerous forums and the classic Craigslist alerts. The main reason why I am posting this ad is to see if anyone locally or in any neighboring states knows a buddy or local shops that is willing to sell or thinking about letting go of their 2002 but needs a little nudge. I have left countless notes on parked 2002's and knocked on plenty of doors to see if they're interested of selling but it hasn't worked yet. 

Budget - $15,000 - $20,000. 

Here are some deciding factors of what I'm looking for: 

• Open to all years 67'-76'. I know Roundies and ti/tii's are typically out my budget but I've heard through the grapevine that it's hip to be Square. 
  • I'm open to mainly all exterior paint colors but I'm leaning it towards (fall in love easier): Agave, Amazon, Colorado, Inka or Golf
  • All interior is considered but needs to be ~ 7/10 condition or better
  • 4 or 5 spd 
  • No rust (to a certain extent)
  • No engine swaps. Would like all matching numbers

As far as condition goes I am open to whatever that doesn't need to be a full on project/restoration. I know my budget doesn't meet full restoration criteria but something that has been well taken care by an enthusiast is what I'm looking for. 

I'm definitely willing to buy and fly but unfortunately for me it's not the right time to do a cross country road trip so Midwest/East Coast are a no go.

Any leads will be greatly appreciated and thanks for reading my post.

Also here is an example: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1975-bmw-2002-54/

Cheers,

Tyler 

Edited by Mr.9haus

Buy this one, factor another 3-4k for a 5spd swap and still have change left for some personalization updates.

Check out this 1973 BMW 2002 Automatic for $12500 on OfferUp https://offerup.com/item/detail/895197862/

1987 Porsche 944 Turbo (sold)
1973 Mintgrun 2002 "Kermit" (sold)

1973 Inka 2002 "Ernie"

1986 VW Vanagon Syncro Weekender "Otto Van Gonzo"

I bought a 76 2002 in January. 78,000 original miles, almost perfect original condition. Automatic! Had my reasons but one of them was a low mileage engine that was babied all its life. 98% of '02s are bought by drivers. As they should be. And they are driven, mostly hard, as they should be. 

That one on offerup looks mighty nice. Oh, I immediately did a bumper upgrade.