• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 Colorado Project - 8K For the Entire Lot!

bwalvoord

Price: $8000

Description:

1973 Colorado Roundie Sunroof Shell.   I was going to use this for my Leaf EV conversion but that's going to require too much chopping and the body is just too nice.    This car came from another project I purchased on this forum in Arizona and it never got put back together.   Two patches above the pedal box and on the passenger side have been patched and the pedal box was rebuilt.  Car has full glass (if you want it).

In addition to the shell, I have just about everything this car needs except for a drivetrain. These are not included in the price above but I'm wide open to offers for the whole project (Recaros w/ new vinyl, etsy carpet kit, recovered Tii dash, new bilsteins and all of the trim and hardware).

Please see the dropbox link for more pictures.  The car needs to be cut and buffed.  Passenger door and part of the hood were buffed as a test.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ole49zopdf2lgfn/AACpeufBYuHEjCJ-QLLQDeqFa?dl=0

Edited by bwalvoord
Price reduced / Entire Lot for 8K
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just uploaded more pictures to Dropbox. 

The carpet kit has never been installed. I have two dashes, one 1 piece that is decent, the other a two piece that has been recovered.  

The recaros are good but I also have a replacement vinyl and cushion set that goes with them. 

found a new console from W&N still in the box. 

The belt line trim is ok. I would just buy a new stainless set for this car. I just installed a set on my Taiga and it looks great. 

Front Airdam included.   

Please PM if you have any specific questions. 

I have scheduled an appointment with the SC DMV to get the title transferred to my name.  The current Arizona title was signed over to me a few years ago which I understand may cause some DMV's a little heartache.   

I also want to clarify that the current AZ title has a salvage flag.  The car did have minor front end damage at some point prior to the repaint.  I will also attempt to have this removed when I go to the DMV.

Here is a link to the ever growing parts list  as well as a link to pictures in the dropbox.   This is just the first shelf of three.  I also have a full set new weber sidedrafts (45's) with manifolds that I have not taken pictures of if someone is interested.   Still open to offers on the car plus the entire lot.    Prices do not include shipping.

(In Photo) Part Name Description / Condition Price
0 1973 BMW Shell New Paint (7 out of 10) w/ minimal rust (see other folder for pics) $8,000
1 One Piece Dash Good condition with a few small hairline cracks. The dash has not been covered $400
2 2 Piece Dash Poor condition. Lots of cracks, salvageable but will need to be covered $100
3 2 Piece Tii Dash - Recovered Excellent condition. Recovered by The Bucket Stitch. German vinyl, never installed $1,000
4 Belt Trim Complete square tail set. Removed from my show car and replaced with new stainless set $300
5 Stainless Wiper Arm Set Good. Could use a polish $40
6 Ireland Front Sway Bar - 22mm New and currently out of stock at IE $200
7 Coolant Fitting w/o Temp Sensor Coolant fitting for M10. You get all 3. One has a plug and works for dual side drafts $40
8 Belt Trim Fittings New from Walloth $50
9 Lower Trim Fasteners New from Walloth $25
10 Hood Lock Support Bracket New (2) $10
11 Early Cluster (Painted) Early cluster painted black $25
12 Door Sill Covers Good condition. No tears $50
13 Speed Cable New $75
14 Firewall Insulation Produced by German Autowerks; Better than factory in terms of sound, heat and flame retardance $300
15 5 Speed Swap Parts Clutch Slave, seals, etc. $50
16 E21 Recaros Good condition, all padding is in excellent shape; small tear on rear is repairable $1,000
17 E21 Recaro German Vinyl Kit Excellent Germany vinyl kit $500
18 Esty Carpet Set - Grey Charcoal (or it could be light grey #3). LHD. No trunk mat. New never installed $300
19 Front Fenders Set #1 Left and Right; new aftermarket from W&N (Selling L&R as a set) $500
20 Front Fenders Set #2 Left and Right; new BMW parts and came with a project car (Selling L&R as a set) $1,000
21 Front Spoiler Unspecified make and model $200

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ed6pre6i8np8d5c/AAC0_WgvLxt8I11_4ldq1mW4a?dl=0

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zKiVNaOFARXpxIF492DcBSebIR3c4qt1LLOSwWXGsfI/edit?usp=sharing

Added pictures of the Webers w/ Canon manifolds and multiple horns.  1,000 for the setup.

I was not able to get into the shop today but still need to take pictures of the new console from W&N, new Italian reproduction turn signals, good condition US orange turn signals, door cards from Aardvark (new wood templates, vinyl is ok), lots of seals and other parts.

10K takes the car and all of the parts.  I need to start selling pieces to the people who have asked for them if there isn't anyone interested in the whole project.

Thanks again for looking.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bwalvoord said:

10K takes the car and all of the parts.

This is a great deal.      I wish I didn’t have three projects in the driveway and one in the garage already..Colorado is one of my favorite colors.  Consider listing on bringatrailer.com larger audience.  GLWS