Rebuilding and mounting center console

17 hours ago, mgben said:

Is there a BMW Part Number for the long console hold down bracket (under the shifter surround)?

No part# AND the picture you posted shows it upside down.  It is meant to hold the rear of the console down firmly. And it does!  It is affixed by 4 very small screws that hold it to the sides without penetrating the outer vinyl.

Temp1.jpg

15 hours ago, esty said:

and if you go with one be careful drilling a hole in the tunnel you can goof the carpet

SO TRUE.  I'm a perpetrator of pulled weave from the drill bit snagging the brand new carpet.  Arghh!!!  I've seen a few more since.

TIP:

Now I tell everybody to use a pencil soldering iron to burn a hole in the carpet before drilling.  That way the edges of the carpet are sealed and there is much less chance of snagging when drilling into the tunnel.

• Like 2