• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For Sale: 1973 BMW 2002 Automatic

BKGolde02

Price: $18000

Description:

Looking to sell my 1973 2002 Automatic. She is a round tail US spec in really nice driver condition. VIN is 2533825. The car is an early production model, manufactured on February 8, 1973, and was delivered on February 13, 1973, to the BMW importer Hoffman Motor Corps. in New York City. The original color is Agave, paint code 071. It has been repainted in its lifetime, but still sports the same Agave color.

Most folks are out for a manual in the 2002, but this Automatic is rare and a nice candidate for swap if you so desired. My opinion is that this car still has a lot of punch and it’s plenty fun cruising around, especially for someone who loves 2002s but doesn’t have the skillset for operating a manual.

I’ve owned the car for two years and have just had a blast driving it. The engine was rebuilt in 2003 and really runs solid. I have paperwork to show that work done and I also have work to show the brand new brakes that were put on when I purchased the car. That said, I’m eyeing another car with more space and just don’t have the parking room for a third vehicle.

Since owning, I’ve taken pride in making a number of updates but all keeping it in line with the original design:

- I completely overhauled the interior but I still kept it in the style of original seats. That was done last year.

- I put brand new brakes on front and back (discs, calipers, etc.). That was done in the first year of ownership (2018).

- I put new lugs from BluntTechon the E21 turbine wheels

- I bought and installed new US spec turn indicators from an FAQ member last year.

- I also have a number of other parts that I’ve not yet installed but will come with the car, including:

- new door brakes and hinges

- a neue klasse steering wheel in great shape

- four old steel wheels, two are Tii 5” Lemmerz and two are 4.5” Kronprinz

Lastly, there is some good history to this car, that I spent time digging into. This roundie spent most of its life in Pall Alto, California, where it was first purchased from H&E German Car Sales and Service. Regular service is documented at service stations in Monterey, California, through 92,000 miles in 1984.

The car made its way to the east coast after it was purchase by a military service member that drove it to Virginia. After a few years, the car was then purchase by the previous owner who was also a military member. He owned the car and worked on it with his son until I purchased it in 2018.

some photos are included here—take a look and text me with any questions. I prefer to do that for now and then we can talk if there are serious offers. Also feel free to look at my Instagram account for some more lifestyle photos of the car: @Golde7302 

Thanks,

Matt

630-437-1092

F3DA507E-73EF-4E9A-ADC1-CCCF5D9A720B.jpeg

F788255C-ECDC-4926-8FBC-6FDF04BFAE95.jpeg

570EB4E5-6B3E-4F17-8617-4806F5486EC1.jpeg

4169732B-F0E5-446E-AC2B-E2C36E2F9E7D.jpeg

F82255ED-5EC6-4E19-A800-F2D17A73F6E7.png

2AC70FAD-FC45-4C5D-B1C0-1DDCC209A5C5.jpeg

49A16B81-6932-4658-A5B9-9463BED153C8.jpeg

8520F04D-F97B-463E-AEC9-2A3570F055B6.jpeg

0C4F3E60-FFBF-4582-AE5D-5BF700A93C58.jpeg

518FF510-E526-4534-BD0B-A1C503F5EA56.jpeg

466E9A1D-8655-4621-931F-3CE8F175AFA2.jpeg

6121596B-B1DB-4DDA-95CA-B238CBF35DC1.jpeg

Hi-

Any chance (slim, I know) that you still have the original dealer license plate frames? I ask because I'm from Palo Alto and my current tii was purchased new by a woman in Palo Alto who owned it for 10 years. She then sold it to a Stanford professor that lived in my neighborhood and owned it for the next 34 years until I bought it. I've been hunting for H&E license plate frames for a few years and have had no luck.

GLWS,

Wends

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

49 minutes ago, 1936spyder said:

Hi-

Any chance (slim, I know) that you still have the original dealer license plate frames? I ask because I'm from Palo Alto and my current tii was purchased new by a woman in Palo Alto who owned it for 10 years. She then sold it to a Stanford professor that lived in my neighborhood and owned it for the next 34 years until I bought it. I've been hunting for H&E license plate frames for a few years and have had no luck.

GLWS,

Wends

Hey unfortunately, no. I don’t have the plate frame. I did look one may once before also but couldn’t find any. Good luck!

• Like 1