nnywg

Bilstein B8s - Delivery issues?

7 posts / 185 viewsLast Reply

Wondering if anyone is having a similar problem.  I put in an order for a set of B8s back in January with a well known vendor.  At the time delivery was for mid-April.  That date continues to slip and is now in October.  My personal situation is hoarding parts this year anyways, so I can wait, but it's a bit frustrating.

This is the 2 or 3rd thread on this this week some have been waiting since late 2017 for their bilsteins, the problem seems to be the us distributor and it's starting to look like he's putting pressure on the euro distributor not to ship them across the pond,but we'll see how that goes.

• Like 1

@Son of Marty thanks, that's very helpful information.  I don't come here too often.  Will seek out those threads and have a read myself.

(edited)

+1 on what Marshall said.  Last August I ordered a Bilstein B12 kit for my E30. Delivery was supposed to be in NOV/DEC time frame.  Come March, no Bilstein's and no date of when they'll be in stock. I cancelled my order with the vendor and went with Koni sports and H&R sport sport springs/swaybars from the same vendor.  My new Koni shocks and H&R springs/swaybars showed up about two weeks later.  Very happy with the Koni/H&R setup and will recommend them to anyone.  Bilstein's are out of stock nationwide and on backorder.  I've seen some posts that Bilstein's have been found in Europe and buyers have bought them and had them shipped from the other side of the pond.

Edited by Gordon
  • Like 1

Dumped my older order first thing and re-sourced the H&Rs locally for the same price.  Koni's priced comp'd from three places and all within 5% of each other so that's on deck. 

Canadian distributor for Bilstein confirmed both B6 and B8s are on indefinite backorder in their supply chain too for what's it's worth.  

This came up over a year ago.  As I understood it at the time (as I was in exactly the same boat) the problem is not the distributor, it is the manufacturer.  As in: they are not making them anymore.  Something about the company used to do the actual manufacturing was out of business, bankrupt, or something.  They were trying to find another company to do the production for them, but apparently given the posts above, still have not.  I suspect that if anyone has told you they are on back order, etc., they are just fibbing to keep  your money.  Yeah, they are on "back order" to the extent businesses in the states are ordering them and the mother ship is saying wait. But there is no production.  I would move on. My little project was held up quite a while before we gave up.  

• Like 1