D Seattle

Seattle Body Repair

14 posts / 309 viewsLast Reply

start searching for NOS sheetmetal, grilles, and kidney.

INsurance is covering it, right?

Given the location, i was sort of hoping someone skilled could get the dent out.  But,now that I look it at you may well be correct.  May require a new front.

Won't bother putting it through insurance.  not worth the premium hit.    Thanks!

Ahhh...you rear ended someone.

Guess try to find that stuff used.

Nope.  About the hugest bolt I have ever seen, easily an inch in diameter, got kicked up by a car in a different lane on freeway this am.

You might check with insurance, I think that's a comprehensive claim, They shouldn't raise rates for that

you are correct, it would be covered. but, and having a lot of experience with insurance on a daily basis, and all certainty the premium would go up the fact that it is a comprehensive claim does not change that. Any loss on the policy, generally speaking, affect premiums.  but, thank you for the advice. It is greatly appreciated.

Dan, I recall this guy had a square tail parts car in your area. Give him a shout to see if he can help you. 

Here is his number

425-559-8405

Dan,

Bummer. Suggest you call Junior at American Auto Paint and Body in Renton. They did the work on mine for a similar accident, albeit self inflicted in my case. You'll need to source your own nose clip and trim parts though. 

https://americanautopaintingandbody.com/

James

My blog:

My 74 suffered similar damage 3-4 years ago. After shopping around, I went with Haury’s  on Lake City Way. They were expensive but also willing to go to bat with my insurance company (Safeco), so it worked out ok for me dollar-wise in the end. To keep costs below the “Total” limit on my agreed value policy I ended up sourcing some used parts and delivering them to the shop. The quality of theIr work was excellent and the owner was enthusiastic about working on an 02.

Phil

+1 on Haury's, my 510 friends have used them with similar success.

A cheaper alternative is 101 Auto Body on Aurora. I haven't used them before but the same 510 friends have and they have good things to say. Definitely not a concourse shop, but a decent budget option.
(206) 525-5778

James