• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPDATE: Mt St Helens changed to Mt Rainier

Teelinger

For this trip I'm thinking Elbe and back and forth to Paradise would be the best for all.

So just to confirm the route: 7 to Elbe and 706 to Paradise Correct?

Folks from  Seattle can meet somewhere north and take 7 South and Portland folks would take 7 North, then we all meet up in Elbe and take 706 to Paradise and back.

Sound good?

James

1987 Porsche 944 Turbo (sold)
1973 Mintgrun 2002 "Kermit" (sold)

1973 Inka 2002 "Ernie"

1986 VW Vanagon Syncro Weekender "Otto Van Gonzo"

My 2002 is probably a couple months away from being back on the road, but I might have to come out in a different car. Haven’t driven out that way in years.

Thanks @Teelinger for pushing this along.

Edited by bento

Brent

1974 2002 - Megasquirt and turbo

2018 BMW M2/ 2013 Porsche Cayenne Diesel

Suggested meeting place north for the Seattle folks, and South for the Portlanders?

What time?

1973 Inka 2002 "Ernie"

Stevens Canyon Road is open. We could do this route backwards. Elbe to Enumclaw

Rainier Route

Everyone from Seattle meet at the Walmart on 7 in Spanaway then head to Elbe? 
Walmart!!!!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Meeting times?

Time and place to meet Portland folks in Elbe?

At this point I just need someone to finalize this stuff so I get get the details out to the crew. 

James

1973 Inka 2002 "Ernie"

How does this look?

Seattle side:

9AM at Spanaway Walmart
930AM Leave for Elbe
1015AM Meet at Elbe Post Office
1030AM: Leave post office and head towards Paradise on attached Route (Sunrise optional)

1200PM (estimate) Eat lunch at Paradise (PACK A LUNCH)
330PM (estimate) Break off in Enumclaw and head home

-Nathan

Here to help! Portland will have to figure out location and timing from there end to meet those time slots. 

Heads up it is $30 bucks to get into the park. You can buy a pass at https://www.recreation.gov/sitepass/74289. The road across Paradise is a toll road/toll park. Not sure if you can use a "National Parks Pass" here or not, but for anyone over 62 the National Parks Pass is $20/year.

-Nathan

I'll be stopping at Top Pot Doughnut at the Renton Landing @8am.

This could be a good opportunity for anyone interested coming south on I-5/I-405 to meet up before heading to Spanaway.  Plan on Taking off @ 8:15am for arrival in Spanaway Walmart around 9:00AM.

On 7/27/2020 at 12:19 PM, WSU-M3 said:

I'll be stopping at Top Pot Doughnut at the Renton Landing @8am.

This could be a good opportunity for anyone interested coming south on I-5/I-405 to meet up before heading to Spanaway.  Plan on Taking off @ 8:15am for arrival in Spanaway Walmart around 9:00AM.

I’ll try to catch you there or on the way down. I’ll be in a black (F87) M2.

Brent

1974 2002 - Megasquirt and turbo

2018 BMW M2/ 2013 Porsche Cayenne Diesel

19 hours ago, bento said:

I’ll try to catch you there or on the way down. I’ll be in a black (F87) M2.

I'm definitely up to meet at our normal spot before heading to Top Pot if interested.  I guess I'll just have to try to keep up with you if you're bringing the M2!!! Shoot me a call/text if you're up for it.

• Thanks 1

• BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

Unveiling of the Neue Klasse Unveiled in 1961, BMW 1500 sedan was a revolutionary concept at the outset of the '60s. No tail fins or chrome fountains. Instead, what you got was understated and elegant, in a modern sense, exciting to drive as nearly any sports car, and yet still comfortable for four.   The elegant little sedan was an instant sensation. In the 1500, BMW not only found the long-term solution to its dire business straits but, more importantly, created an entirely new
    History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

In 1966, BMW was practically unknown in the US unless you were a touring motorcycle enthusiast or had seen an Isetta given away on a quiz show.  BMW’s sales in the US that year were just 1253 cars.  Then BMW 1600-2 came to America’s shores, tripling US sales to 4564 the following year, boosted by favorable articles in the Buff Books. Car and Driver called it “the best $2500 sedan anywhere.”  Road & Track’s road test was equally enthusiastic.  Then, BMW took a cue from American manufacturers,
    The BMW 2002 Production Run

The BMW 2002 Production Run

BMW 02 series are like the original Volkswagen Beetles in one way (besides both being German classic cars)—throughout their long production, they all essentially look alike—at least to the uninitiated:  small, boxy, rear-wheel drive, two-door sedan.  Aficionados know better.   Not only were there three other body styles—none, unfortunately, exported to the US—but there were some significant visual and mechanical changes over their eleven-year production run.   I’ve extracted t
  • Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors