• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Very sad day

Stuart

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Ok, since this generated so much activity, I'll provide "some" details.  Off the board, I responded to an ad asking about something else i saw in the picture.  The response was, buy the item and I'll tell you.  I responded that i could not afford the item but was looking for some help with some information.  Information that might help me. The response was, sorry can't help.  Hence the sad day. 

I will not give names and yes I should not have come here with this but it just rubbed me very wrong when normally people in this group are helpfull even off this board.  One of the worse things about this is that there were others, also on this board, that agreed with/supported the response.  Anyone interested in helping me, I will share what I need in a PM.  Sorry Steve if I broke some FAQ board etiquette guidelines.

WHAT!?! You came on the forum, and bitched about the forum, because your question on Facebook wasn’t answered, when the answer was on the forum the whole time?! they’re just rebarreled tii rims 

I don’t understand a lot of things in life. Add this to the list. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Ok, since this generated so much activity, I'll provide "some" details.  Off the board, I responded to an ad asking about something else i saw in the picture.  The response was, buy the item and I'll tell you.  I responded that i could not afford the item but was looking for some help with some information.  Information that might help me. The response was, sorry can't help.  Hence the sad day. 

I will not give names and yes I should not have come here with this but it just rubbed me very wrong when normally people in this group are helpfull even off this board.  One of the worse things about this is that there were others, also on this board, that agreed with/supported the response.  Anyone interested in helping me, I will share what I need in a PM.  Sorry Steve if I broke some FAQ board etiquette guidelines.

let’s start with the facts.

i have a Facebook ad selling a diff, a few days back. 

On a tangent, you demand answers about my wheels, completely unrelated to the ad. Rude. (A dm would have been sufficient and received in much greater light.)

I respond in good fun, that you should buy the diff and I’ll tell you (both in a joking/lighthearted manner but also true).

Then you go about calling the entire community a let down based on your standards. Rude. 

You are acting like a child. Your question required a simple search for the answer, as @MikeG pointed out. 

This community has been A1 since day 1. The only thing that has changed over the years is the pricing of cars and parts. The people haven’t changed at all, myself included. 

Stuart, go take a nap. You are tired and cranky because I wouldn’t directly answer your question on your terms. 

1477B07A-DB89-4430-B2BC-BB7C7C5AE969.png

Edited by danco_
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

Yeah, sorry to make it weird. 

there is probably a lesson to be learned here. One of them is don’t blame everyone in a community for one person’s actions. 

another one might be to not be a snowflake in an increasingly tough world. Things aren’t getting better. If you can’t toughen up, you’re going to have a lot of sad days. 

• Like 8

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

1 hour ago, danco_ said:

Yeah, sorry to make it weird. 

there is probably a lesson to be learned here. One of them is don’t blame everyone in a community for one person’s actions. 

another one might be to not be a snowflake in an increasingly tough world. Things aren’t getting better. If you can’t toughen up, you’re going to have a lot of sad days. 

i think This all started because your sarcasm was taken seriously by the OP. This happens all the time to me because I’m a very sarcastic guy. I specially struggle when it comes to online dating and I crack one (more like four) too many sarcastic jokes too early that invariable gets misinterpreted and I’m deemed as the biggest asshole that walked these plains. Or maybe I am that biggest asshole. I should do some self reflection here

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, jgerock said:

Yup. FB and all the emojis lead to this 4 page thread. It’s a sad day on the FAQ.

I agree with Jim. 

And also with Ryan but you know what they say about porsche owners !

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Freude am Fahren said:

... invariable gets misinterpreted and I’m deemed as the biggest asshole that walked these plains. Or maybe I am that biggest asshole. I should do some self reflection here

Dude, we can fight for that title.  It could have as easily been me saying something instead of Ryan- I kinda' figured it was...

But it does seem to always be something around selling stuff that causes issues.

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

This is my favorite thread since “Please delete”... ?

I was somewhat sad, however, to discover that there was nothing worth discussing behind an incident that I was certain involved guns, drugs, and, especially, running off with someone’s wife... ?

Maybe next time! ?

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

49 minutes ago, Conserv said:

This is my favorite thread since “Please delete”... ?

I was somewhat sad, however, to discover that there was nothing worth discussing behind an incident that I was certain involved guns, drugs, and, especially, running off with someone’s wife... ?

Maybe next time! ?

Best regards,

Steve

I was just going to start a thread about my drugged up wife running off with my guns... but I guess this is more important. 

and Fruede am Fahren....I get it. I get in trouble with sarcasm too.  Don't dwell on it, embrace it....

WE are just sarcastic asses. 

Cheers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty but runs. Just like me. 

14 hours ago, 02Les said:

Congrats to Liverpool.

Been a Man Utd fan since before their air crash on my Birthday many moons ago. My old hometown team Bournemouth look to be heading south?

There are still 4 matches left!  I haven’t seen another one of these in ATL!  Bought at Dean Court in ‘15. 

27A96D86-8A9F-4E22-ADF3-3B3B6DCE9B71.jpeg

'72 2002Tii Inka   2760698
'65 Porsche 356SC

7 hours ago, Freude am Fahren said:

i think This all started because your sarcasm was taken seriously by the OP. This happens all the time to me because I’m a very sarcastic guy. I specially struggle when it comes to online dating and I crack one (more like four) too many sarcastic jokes too early that invariable gets misinterpreted and I’m deemed as the biggest asshole that walked these plains. Or maybe I am that biggest asshole. I should do some self reflection here

Are you being sarcastic?  I just can't tell ??

• Haha 1