• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'74 tii with carbureted engine...value?

cdn97986

This one has been for sale 4 times in 3 years, with ever increasing $$$. Not saying there's anything wrong with it, but why does it keep coming up for sale?

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

So it sounds like I should be running away from this tii. I am not looking for a finished car, definitely want some projects to do (which can be body/paint at some point). I’m not expecting good news on the shock towers, so this car is probably out of the running. Again, appreciate all of the insights and prior experiences shared here. So the search continues, and in the interim will keep driving my Boxster as my “fun car.”

• Like 1

'75 2002 #2362444

'19 VW Golf Sportwagen

'07 Audi A6 Avant S-Line

On 6/28/2020 at 7:15 PM, cdn97986 said:

I included some pics below. Asking $10k. Thoughts?

image.png

That's missing almost All the Tii bits off the block, without seeing the the actual stamped number I'm VERY skeptical about it matching, that being said I put $0.00 in matching numbers, It's NOT a 60's Muscle Car.

More important is how this configuration works.

To go back to Tii would be cost prohibitive, it's not just injection, its also linkage and other bits. I wouldn't add any purchasing value to the Tii VIN since the Tii bits are mostly gone.

Like sated above this would be a good candidate for EFI

I don't take myself or opinions Seriously

My 4th 2002 and the first set of Square Tail-Lights

See the 4 versions of my 2002 project here: SoCal S2002 | Facebook

So for anyone interested, the VIN is 2780865, matches on block, VIN tag, fender stamping, and on cowl. Car is on consignment at 2002AD in Pomona. I do have some additional pics from them of other areas of the car if anyone is interested. 

Edited by cdn97986

'75 2002 #2362444

'19 VW Golf Sportwagen

'07 Audi A6 Avant S-Line

1 hour ago, cdn97986 said:

So it sounds like I should be running away from this tii. I am not looking for a finished car, definitely want some projects to do (which can be body/paint at some point). I’m not expecting good news on the shock towers, so this car is probably out of the running. Again, appreciate all of the insights and prior experiences shared here. So the search continues, and in the interim will keep driving my Boxster as my “fun car.”

Doesn’t get much more “rust free project” than this. Even almost in your area. 

https://www.bmw2002faq.com/forums/topic/232835-1967-1600-2-shell/

• Like 2

GREAT idea @Mike G ! He would definitely spend less when all's said and done and IMHO it would be SO much cooler (and I own a tii). @cdn97986 you should definitely talk to @dasfrogger about his project for sale. 

I think this is the ticket...

• Like 2

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

4 hours ago, 1936spyder said:

GREAT idea @Mike G ! He would definitely spend less when all's said and done and IMHO it would be SO much cooler (and I own a tii). @cdn97986 you should definitely talk to @dasfrogger about his project for sale. 

I think this is the ticket...

Thanks fellas - Can confirm that my car would be a great candidate for someone who was wanting to put a car together. Will save considerable time and money over a project that is "rolling dead / needs rust,paint,bodywork". On top of what's in the ad, I've got literal tons of parts (used, NOS and new) that can be sold along with my shell in whatever configuration a buyer wants/needs to be able to put a car together.

Plus, in my biased opinion, a super early (January 67) car is way cool.

OP - I hope you find a great project - whether its this one, mine, or some other car. I hope you post your progress in a project blog - looking forward to seeing how things go!

Jake

• Like 2

11 hours ago, cdn97986 said:

So for anyone interested, the VIN is 2780865, matches on block, VIN tag, fender stamping, and on cowl. Car is on consignment at 2002AD in Pomona. I do have some additional pics from them of other areas of the car if anyone is interested. 

VIN 2780865 is a December 1973 example, the 865th U.S. ‘74 tii.

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

12 hours ago, NYNick said:

Notice how no one even mentioned the "sn" word?

That right front inner fender didn’t get that mangled from nothing. A lot of good info here. I’d go for dasfroggers 67, but I’m biased to. Good luck

• Like 3