9 posts / 380 viewsLast Reply

I installed a Thule rack and deflector on my Tii.  Car is for sale and decided to include the rack in the sale.

IMG_5040.JPG

IMG_5041.JPG

what are the bike attachments on them? They look like the really small versions.

• No, they are normal size.  The rear wheel of the bike sits in a cradle and straps in.  The front wheel comes off and forks clamp in to brackets.  Only bikes with quick release front wheels fit in the rack.  My gravel bike won't fit on this rack.  My carbon Tarmac will.
  •  

which Thule # uprights did you use? they look awfully tall. how's the noise on the freeway?

This rack was on a 2002 that belonged to an acquaintance.  I acquired the rack a while back and have used it on my 76 model 02.  I'm not sure of the tower / upright model #.  It may be a little tall but it works well.

It is not noisy at all.  I think the deflector helps with that.

(edited)

Your rack appears to have the standard height legs.  The ones made for vans are really ta\\.

I keep mine in the trunk, in case I want to drag something home with me.

026.JPG

010.JPG

009.JPG

several sheets of half-inch 5'x5' plywood

004.JPG

another free poly tarp shed, yay!

017.JPG

adding an aluminum ladder to the rack makes it possible to haul longer stuff

016.JPG

Tom

Edited by '76mintgrün'02
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It took a little head scratching to decide how to go about attaching this 4'x4' sheet of 20 gauge steel to my rack.

Removing the caps gave a nice place to hook the straps.  It hummed pretty good over 35 mph, but stayed put.

IMG_3695.JPG

Now I've got steel to make rocker panels... and some other little projects I've been wanting to do.

I sort of got a nice compliment while at the steel yard.  "Nice 2002."  He said, followed by, "Is that a Tii, or just a 2002?" 

Merely a 2002. 

Tom

• Like 2
  • Haha 1