• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Tasty BaT offering...EH!

joysterm

I like it.

those little nit picky things you mentioned Mark are so easily fixed. Profit over Profit? ...Your being too hard on it for sure. Maybe they rushed it to market.?.. but all that little stuff could be fixed in a lazy weekend 

the motor sounds really smoooooth...

but he drives like a wuuuuuuuss! I think everyone would love to

hear this car put through it's paces. To bid I'd have to see/hear it

at song'

BAT> the home of the 

pussyfootin', short shiftin', lolly gaggin' weak driving video

****his garage is ridiculous

I'm gonna go $58k on this one (not that I'd pay that but somebody will)

Edited by iinca
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, iinca said:

I like it.

those little nit picky things you mentioned Mark are so easily fixed. Your being too hard on it for sure. Maybe they rushed it to market.?.. but all that stuff could be fixed in a lazy weekend

Barney, indeed this one is subject for folly, but for the money people will eagerly throw it's way, the build quality is not there. It only leads me to suspect what other major items are afoot. I.E. how did they attach the rear seats? Will they hold up to a collision if my daughter and her friend were in there? Harsh maybe, but when one alters a car it's not just about the parts list. To me it's more about the build quality. This one might be less than acceptable-for the money.  

Edited by conkitchen

But what do I know

M2 is no easy conversion or easy car to maintain.

A reputable shop or individual would have lots of sorting after the build.

Buying her from a used car dealer in British Columbia would not be the route I would take.

• Like 1

Quote: "The selling dealer states that the speedometer and the odometer are inoperable, as the gear to drive the cable needs to be replaced in the gearbox."

They're gonna be looking for a long time to replace the speedometer drive gear in an E30 M3 gearbox...

On another note--anyone recognize that rear license plate holder?  That's a pretty slick setup--much better than drilling two holes in the rear body panel and have the license plate scrape on the character line at the bottom of the plate.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

6 minutes ago, mike said:

Quote: "The selling dealer states that the speedometer and the odometer are inoperable, as the gear to drive the cable needs to be replaced in the gearbox."

They're gonna be looking for a long time to replace the speedometer drive gear in an E30 M3 gearbox...

On another note--anyone recognize that rear license plate holder?  That's a pretty slick setup--much better than drilling two holes in the rear body panel and have the license plate scrape on the character line at the bottom of the plate.

mike

https://www.iemotorsport.com/product/license-plate-holder-2002-roundie/

I think if they had more pictures of the parcel shelf to rear center console transition there could be more nits picked there as well

Surprising that there has been no mention about the offset of the wheels, especially the fronts.  I had my E30 14" basketweaves with a 5mm spacer when I first bought them (usual idiot move of mine, did not notice they were stuck to the wheels when I first tried them) and the rubbing on the front was intolerable. These 15s look even worse than mine were, so I can only imagine the rubbing on the arch at the slightest compression while turning.  But, it does look cool.  Very nice car and it will go for large money.  

• Like 2

76 BMW 2002 Arktisblau M42 5 spd - Born 5.21.76 - daily money pit

06 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 6 spd - garage queen *  73 Mustang Convertible 351C 

15 VW Touareg V6 Executive - daily driver * 23 Audi e-tron SUV (wife's)

sig_banner.jpg.5aeae468aebf7c560d52fe62d249efbd.jpg

2 hours ago, mike said:

mike

True. NLA  https://parts.bmwmonterey.com/p/BMW_1977_320i/SPEEDOMETER-DRIVE/43742346/23211207772.html

?

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

4 hours ago, conkitchen said:

And the hits just keep on coming. Can you see it? 

1971_bmw_2002_15883956657dff9f98764dai-R

the witness mark between exhaust manifold and steering idle arm? That's going to buzz quite nicely through that little steering wheel. That anti-roll bar link is unforgiveable and must clonk about when driving.

idle.jpg

Edited by NickVyse

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

1 hour ago, NickVyse said:

the witness mark between exhaust manifold and steering idle arm?

well that I suppose, but the tie rod end is backwards. 

What's whacked is the other side is done properly. How do you not get both to be the same? 

1971_bmw_2002_1588395830e7dff9f98764dai-

balljoint.jpg

• Like 2

But what do I know

6 minutes ago, conkitchen said:

well that I suppose, but the tie rod end is backwards. 

What's whacked is the other side is done properly. How do you not get both to be the same? 

1971_bmw_2002_1588395830e7dff9f98764dai-

balljoint.jpg

and how did I miss that? Who put that suspension together and would you trust it in a fast corner? No, me neither (that tie rod will foul and bind on the drag link when the suspension is under compression, scary). All easily sorted, but the list is starting to add up and that's without a proper inspection. Bit of a worry, which is a shame as otherwise it looks like a nice car.

Edited by NickVyse
  • Like 2

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

5 hours ago, ray_ said:
8 hours ago, mike said:

mike

True. NLA  https://parts.bmwmonterey.com/p/BMW_1977_320i/SPEEDOMETER-DRIVE/43742346/23211207772.html

The description says that's an M3 gearbox, not an E21, so it has an electronic speedometer--no mechanical drive at all...

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

7 hours ago, tashakes said:

Surprising that there has been no mention about the offset of the wheels, especially the fronts.  I had my E30 14" basketweaves with a 5mm spacer when I first bought them (usual idiot move of mine, did not notice they were stuck to the wheels when I first tried them) and the rubbing on the front was intolerable. These 15s look even worse than mine were, so I can only imagine the rubbing on the arch at the slightest compression while turning.  But, it does look cool.  Very nice car and it will go for large money.  

I certainly noticed the offset.  Rub-a-dub, dub.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

11 hours ago, iinca said:

I like it.

those little nit picky things you mentioned Mark are so easily fixed. Profit over Profit? cute...Your being too hard on it for sure. Maybe they rushed it to market.?.. but all that little stuff could be fixed in a lazy weekend 

the motor sounds really smoooooth...

but he drives like a wuuuuuuuss! I think everyone would love to

hear this car put through it's paces. To bid I'd have to see/hear it

at song'

BAT> the home of the 

pussyfootin', short shiftin', lolly gaggin' weak driving video

****his garage is ridiculous

I'm gonna go $58k on this one (not that I'd pay that but somebody will)

Maybe those "little nit picky things" noted by some, are why the guy doesn't drive the wheels off the car in the video. If they are so easily fixed we'll see if the Seller fixes them as they have now been mentioned in the messages.

Some non-mechanicky BAT Buyer may end up with a real surprise.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17