• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Share Your old Pics !

Milo

I bought my second “02” from a lady down in Los Angeles in1984, it was a factory black “73”, black interior with a factory sunroof.

The first photo is what it look like when I drove it home from Santa Barbara, the last photo was around 1987.

00490802-3ACB-4CA6-A47C-4EE7113A7098.jpeg

99F78AA5-0AB3-4312-946E-518349E42616.jpeg

851BB42F-40B8-4868-AFE4-D7DCA064CF92.jpeg

EE100B60-494F-4F2C-A557-3176AF54A6B2.jpeg

Edited by Doug Riparetti
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Wow, amazing timing, we just unearthed some old photos cleaning in the garage this weekend. The first two of my 72 tii (my 3rd 02) are at a BMW CCA track day at Lime Rock park, probably in 1976, The one with my wife's R5 LeCar (license plate LeBonz) and my tii (T EYE I) is from December 78 in Redondo Beach, Calif.  good times, good times.

TEyeI-LimeoRock-lr.jpg

TEyeI-LimeRock2-lr.jpg

TEyeI+LeCar-1278-lr.jpg

• Like 7

69 1600 Voll Cabriolet (The Cab, aka Cabriolina)

69 (1600) Lotus Elan (the Lo-lo, aka FunElan)

16 (2500) Nissan Rogue (hate that CVT)

Me and my 69 2002 in 1969 visiting my parents in NJ, and then me and the same car in 1971 at my house in Ohio.  Both the car and me have gone through some changes in these two years.  Mostly me as I recall. 

Scan Apr 22, 2019 at 4.19 PM.jpg

Scan Apr 22, 2019 at 4.25 PM.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think the earlier picture is more accurate representation of the color.  I always thought it was just plain light grey.  I'm sure it had a name, but who cared about the names of paint colors in 1969 - not me that's for sure. 

• Like 2

Austria, September, 1972 heading towards Zurich

Accommodations in the Black Forest of Germany, Sept 1971

Aboard a ferry in Norway, Sept 1971

img306.jpg

img319.jpg

img385.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

9 hours ago, iinca said:

I've tried a couple times to sleep in the back seat of an 02...Impossible unless your like 5'1"

I spent a semi-comfortable half-night in "Motel 02" after driving non-stop for 18 hours from Dayton to the New Hampshire welcome station, on my way to Ofest 2000 and unable to find a (real) motel for the night.  I reclined the driver's seat, rolled up a blanket for a pillow and propped my feet on the pedals.  Slept like a baby for three hours...

mike

• Like 4

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

On 5/20/2020 at 5:11 PM, Dick R said:

Me and my 69 2002 in 1969 visiting my parents in NJ, and then me and the same car in 1971 at my house in Ohio.  Both the car and me have gone through some changes in these two years.  Mostly me as I recall. 

Content removed by Author.

Edited by Autostrada

Regarding the above wheels and tires comment by Autostrada, in the 1971 picture, those were the OE wheels, minus the hubcaps.  I never had any wheels but the originals on that car.  While the old photos are not all that clear, if you look closely at the front wheel in the 1969 photo, it is the same wheel with the OE chrome hubcap in place.  Regarding the tires, those were most likely A70-13 Goodyears.  Probably bias-belted Polyglas.  I was a tire development engineer for Goodyear in the early 70s, and at that time I'm pretty sure that the widest tire for 13 inch rims were 70 series.  60 series was probably pretty new on the scene in 14 and 15 inch sizes, but I don't believe they were yet in the 13 wheel size.  Of course, I'm basing this on a near-50 year old memory.