M. Blom

Rear crossmember

6 posts / 339 viewsLast Reply

Hello, my name is Marc and a long time lover off the 02 series.

I live in the Netherlands and i had a small company restoring 02 series and more modern BMW cars like the M series.

Now i work at a company that is specialized in surecars like Ferrari , Lamborghini and so on.

I like to start a project for myself again and somewhere , back in my memories i found something about changing the stock rear crossmember and trailingarms by one of a E30 or a E21 ?

Anyone know if this will work ?

Crossmember, no.   Or rather, it takes quite a bit of modification.

Trailing arms from an E21 are a nice upgrade, if you're changing the type of spring to coil over,

or are willing to fabricate spring perches.  Stronger arms, stronger hubcentric hubs...

t

• Like 1

There are a few people making new cross members to fit the e30 rear end into the 02 but it's no small project even with the

.cross member.

CATUNED. 2002 rear end lsd differential catuned bmw

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TobyB said:

Crossmember, no.   Or rather, it takes quite a bit of modification.

Trailing arms from an E21 are a nice upgrade, if you're changing the type of spring to coil over,

or are willing to fabricate spring perches.  Stronger arms, stronger hubcentric hubs...

t

That`s what it is ! , thanks , so E30 will not fit because they are not hard to find and discbrake is also a bonus.

(edited)

I THINK the trailing arm angle is different for the E30, or else we'd all have them already.

Because you're right, that would be a slick way to get rear discs.  And solve the parking

brake issue.  Hmmmm...

t

Ford Fusions have electric parking brakes...  hmmmm....

Edited by TobyB

9 hours ago, TobyB said:

I THINK the trailing arm angle is different for the E30, or else we'd all have them already.

Because you're right, that would be a slick way to get rear discs.  And solve the parking

brake issue.  Hmmmm...

t

Ford Fusions have electric parking brakes...  hmmmm....

No, E30 is totally different so will not fit.