Spyke

GPS Speedo Sensor base (replaces seatbelt warning pod)

5 posts / 412 viewsLast Reply

(edited)
Price: $5

Description:

Have a few extras of these GPS Sensor bases that I made for my Speedhut gauge sensor to sit on. Bolts right in place of the stock seatbelt warning pod. I painted mine satin black, the rest are unfinished so you can do whatever you like. This spot gets a clear view to the sky and you don't have to tape the dumb thing to the window or anything obnoxious like that. These are made from a 1/16" cold rolled steel so the sensor (which is magnetized) just snaps right onto the base. $5 and whatever shipping is to you (flat rate is $8.30 right now).

49903327532_ef1dc1e4c3_b.jpg

49903328372_d73f02eb2f_b.jpg

49902506118_b1e61348df_b.jpg

49902507198_11b5fdc70e_b.jpg

49902505513_ab9d89da97_b.jpg

49903018476_5866856e11_b.jpg

Edited by Spyke
New lower price!
  • Like 1

I just mounted mine on the drivers side corner of the dash.  I like the idea and the central placement is probably better for signal, but would be nice if it had a cover or something to ‘finish’ it off. 

(edited)
On 5/19/2020 at 8:33 PM, bandwagon said:

I just mounted mine on the drivers side corner of the dash.  I like the idea and the central placement is probably better for signal, but would be nice if it had a cover or something to ‘finish’ it off. 

While I am always up for polished aesthetics, the manual for the GPS speedo clearly states nothing should cover it at all to get signal. Ideally they want it mounted on the rooftop. (Which I am sure almost nobody is willing to do). If not, then with a clear view to the sky, only really obstructed by glass.

Edited by Spyke
really dumb typo