Greg fr Denver

Sold New Kamei Front Spoiler / Air Dam

12 posts / 759 viewsLast Reply

Price: $500

Description:

New and mint condition - never used Kamei front air dam.  This is made of urethane or resin, not fiberglass. It has sharp edges and has never been painted or had screws put into the mounting holes.

There are no identifying marks on it and its history is unknown. It could be a knock-off, but certainly not the later-made Electrodyne, which apparently were not well made. Unfortunately, I have no mounting hardware.  There is some glue that was spilled onto the upper right corner - shown in picture -  which I'll leave for buyer to remove.

Re Shipping:  Whatever type of shipping you want, I'll work with you, and the costs will be what they'll be.  It's light, but an awkward size and not made of steel.  (If l were the buyer, I'd want it crated in wood, particularly if it were going to be sent in the hold of a bus.)

Better solution would be for me to drive it and meet someone half way - about 400 miles would be my max.  I'd charge for the basic costs of the road-trip, which I'll call $100. I'd enjoy some time on the road right now anyhow.

Thanks.

Greg S. -

photos combined_Page_05.jpg

photos combined_Page_03.jpg

photos combined_Page_11.jpg

photos combined_Page_09.jpg

photos combined_Page_08.jpg

photos combined_Page_07.jpg

photos combined_Page_06.jpg

photos combined_Page_04.jpg

photos combined_Page_01.jpg

Kamei parts were made of a trademarked material they called Durakam™ and was typically molded script into the part itself to identify the brand.   

I want this thing BTW but 5 large is out of my budget for the build I'm doing.  Trade ya a 121 head? 

Greyhound shipping is very reasonable for large items such as this.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, conkitchen said:

Kamei parts were made of a trademarked material they called Durakam™ and was typically molded script into the part itself to identify the brand.   

I want this thing BTW but 5 large is out of my budget for the build I'm doing.  Trade ya a 121 head? 

Greyhound shipping is very reasonable for large items such as this. 

With the additional info, I have no problem dropping the price to its market value. But to figure out exactly what the market value is, I may need to list it on eBay.

I not interested in the head, thx, but I'll certainly consider any substantially reduced cash offer (by you or anyone else) that would save me the eBay hassle.

In re Greyhound, I agree shipping is very reasonable, but I tend to worry about damage and items getting completely lost. But I'll ship in any manner a buyer wants. 

Greg S. -

5 hours ago, YoungWilliaM said:

I still have the original Kamei Frontspoiler Typ 4 4220 installation instructions, albeit in German, if anyone is interested.  I ordered mine from the exclusive importer back in 1977 for all of $61.95.

Something like this? 

F5907999-D2CA-4003-AF8F-60748033C430.jpeg

On 5/14/2020 at 11:33 AM, CoastalCrush said:

It’s a copy and not worth more than a couple hundred bucks. I bought both of these separately for around 300 one is NOS 

BA003FFA-BCB2-4965-983C-25357004D41E.jpeg

One came from me and it’s the real deal! 

jb

On 5/14/2020 at 11:33 AM, CoastalCrush said:

It’s a copy and not worth more than a couple hundred bucks. I bought both of these separately for around 300 one is NOS 

BA003FFA-BCB2-4965-983C-25357004D41E.jpeg

One came from me and it’s the real deal! 

jb

81132225-B373-4F04-B6B8-1268C8759870.jpeg

• Like 2

(edited)

Mine is a Pierre reproduced version, easy to tell by the additional 1cm mounting flange, I added 2 aluminum struts on the bottom as I was told Kamei did, really helped 

5DB13ED5-9CEF-4865-8B47-087154BE15D1.jpeg

Edited by chargin
  • Like 1

Greg,

Is the Kamei type air dam still available and have you figured out a price?

I've made real strong boxes by cutting and taping Home Depot heavy duty

boxes together. Would you be able to do that?

Thanks, Ed