• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BMW 2002 parts and 1975 rolling chassis

jimmieZ

Hi Leyoen,

I don't really know if I have a 1-3/8" header or not; but I don't think I do.  I will be at my garage in about a week and look around.

I know it's frustrating to need a specific part, and then to have to deal with the people who have piles of parts (like a lots of us have stowed away in our garages since the year dot) - people like me who can't remember back more than a couple of headers ago.

Anyway, I will look and see.  If I have one, I will take pictures and post them - about a week from now.

Jim 

• Thanks 1

Welcome to the forum!

I am on the hunt for some front wheel well sections, ideally the forward portion behind where the headlight is located. 
Also, were any of your ‘02 models tii? Looking for a passenger side brake dust protection plate.

Scott

Scott,

I don't have the wheel well sections, and sorry, I don't have any parts from a tii either.

However, thank you for contacting me.  I hope you are able to find the parts you are looking for.

Jim

7 hours ago, jimmieZ said:

Conkitchen, .......

I joined this club yesterday, and yesterday's ad was my very first ad for selling out my parts.  I have had only friendly and respectful replies to my ad - (except of course, for yours).

How did I get bitch slapped for Esty's post? Aint nobody coming to save my reputation in this "club"  Ray? Ryan? Jonny? Otis? C.D.? Steve? Paul W? Myrtle? 

Live and die by the sword, or in this case the keyboard, I suppose.  

I should have stuck to my original plan of front engine Porsche's and AMC's 

• Haha 3

But what do I know

7 hours ago, jimmieZ said:

Conkitchen, I am retired military, and fixed 2002's as a hobby over the nearly two and a half decades of my career.  I can no longer work on cars. 

I joined this club yesterday, and yesterday's ad was my very first ad for selling out my parts.  I have had only friendly and respectful replies to my ad - (except of course, for yours).

I will post pictures of my parts and continue to answer respectfully to inquiries about them.

You highlighted the following from my ad:  "Before selling anything, I will check the current, fair market value and will consider offers according to fair market prices."   I am unclear why you highlighted that.  Does the idea of checking current, fair market value and consider offers according to fair market prices would cause you to act as you did or to write the post about me which you wrote.

All interested buyers will be able to inspect the parts, and to make offers.  They will all have the same opportunity to check everything out, just as you would be able to.  In your opinion, what is unfair about this?  

From everything I have heard about the BMW FAQ Club, it is a fair, and good club, with an excellent reputation. 

Do you think you have done this on behalf of BMW FAQ Club?  If so, ask the Club is you are representing them, and see what they say.

Then ask yourself, one more time, why you targeted me with your full page, color display.

it saves a lot of potential trouble by posting what you want for the part and the big problem i have with your ad is, it appears to be an auction...the best offer part calls for a lot of angst and games...take it to ebay or have every offer stated on the forum, in this thread so everyone interested can see what they are up against, price wise

i don't have to ask the club about myself, i know my status and position here...and it's not a club, it's a message board...freely available for anyone and everyone to talk on, as you found out

bottom line, and no offense to you, i don't know anything about you so i can't say anything bad...it does not speak well when a new guy comes along offering a lot of parts without posting pictures or price then says they will go to the highest bidder

good luck with all your parts...i mean that

16 minutes ago, esty said:

good luck with all your parts...i mean that

AND, she meant to also say please don't direct your anger towards Conkitchen, cause he is a big time contributor and funny guy on the forum who at times may come off as crass, I assure he knows his stuff and adds a lot of levity to an otherwise often redundant posting venue over money and free technical advice found on a level nowhere else.  

Edited by conkitchen
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

But what do I know

58 minutes ago, conkitchen said:

How did I get bitch slapped for Esty's post? Aint nobody coming to save my reputation in this "club"  Ray? Ryan? Jonny? Otis? C.D.? Steve? Paul W? Myrtle? 

Live and die by the sword, or in this case the keyboard, I suppose.  

I should have stuck to my original plan of front engine Porsche's and AMC's 

Well it's obvious Jim is a good judge of character(s).

:D

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

JZ...and another thing that i know very well...Conkitchen, is a big time contributor and funny guy on the forum who at times may come off as crass, I assure he knows his stuff and adds a lot of levity to an otherwise often redundant posting venue over money and free technical advice found on a level nowhere else. 

Ray too.....sometimes

heck everybody here is great and will help all they can...just remember the golden rule dude

• Haha 2

Jimmie,

And I can vouch for Esty as a big time contributor, well respected, one hell of a carpetmaker, and sometimes even funny. 

I think genesis of the initial reaction was twofold. 

1)  There have been several instances where someone new to the forum, makes their first post in the classifieds as having a hoard of wonderful and rare parts for sale.  Its been documented that a few of our members have been burned. I've mentioned before that in other car forums I belong to, you are not allowed to post to classifieds until you have X amount of posts to weed out the scam artists.

2)  I joined the forum a few years back now, and at that time there was an infamous seller in Denver, that had a marginal reputation at best.  Although I never did business with him.  (you did state you don't have Tii parts so that leads me to believe you're legit....that was my attempt to be funny for the old timers).  So unfortunately, perhaps your a victim of geography. 

This is is the most pleasant, professional and "let me help you out" car forum there is.  My Tacoma forum seems rather competitive, and you will find the F word in almost every thread, often used as a noun, verb and adjective in the same post.  But so far you've been responsive and engaged so welcome to FAQ and good luck, but pictures will help :)

Steve (one of many on FAQ)

• Like 1

I'll vouch for conkitchen too.  Not only a great contributor but a nice guy who is willing to unselfishly help other forum members.  Oh, and yea, he's funny too.

- Crash

• Haha 1

'73 2002 tii Graniterot/Saddle

'17 X5 Xdrive 3.5d Mineral White/Amaro Brown

'18 328d Xdrive Sportwagon Glacier Silver/Black

Conkitchen,

My apologies for believing you had sent the initial evil email to me.  I see it was someone else believing I was yet another person entirely.  Sorry about that.

As it turns out, computers are not my thing.  That's one of the things I like best about old cars - you can work on them.  They don't have all of these unfathomable tangles of computer wire.  I still use a typewriter, if that tells you anything; and the people who ask me to take a cell phone picture and post it are mistakenly believing I know how to use a cell phone.

When I saw a nasty post with your name at the top, I thought you sent it.  Clearly you didn't.  I didn't call an IT guy in to ask him to straighten out a post I never should have gotten to begin with; but I do know that it is only right that I apologize to you.

As for pictures and prices, the garage with my parts is an hour drive away, and it may not be a week before I am there to inventory things, figure a way to roll the roller out, uphill and downhill, by myself, take pictures with my digital camera, then somehow look up "fair market value."  

In the meantime, I am done with the dark side of the emails that have gone around.  I am only here to downsize and sell parts, and be on my way after that.

Jim 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, esty said:

JZ...and another thing that i know very well...Conkitchen, is a big time contributor and funny guy on the forum who at times may come off as crass, I assure he knows his stuff and adds a lot of levity to an otherwise often redundant posting venue over money and free technical advice found on a level nowhere else. 

Ray too.....sometimes

heck everybody here is great and will help all they can...just remember the golden rule dude

Ok that's it! I'm challenging conkitchen to a levity contest!

:D

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2020 at 6:59 AM, jimmieZ said:

As for pictures and prices, the garage with my parts is an hour drive away, and it may not be a week before I am there to inventory things, figure a way to roll the roller out, uphill and downhill, by myself, take pictures with my digital camera, then somehow look up "fair market value." 

Hi Jim.  I hit the 'quote' button and it gives you an alert...

If your stash of parts happens to be an hour north, there are a few things I'm looking for- and would be happy to meet you.

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.