• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Koogleworks AC console - original side pieces needed?

BarrettN

Hello everyone - 

I know that the right answer is to ask Forrest at koogleworks, but I haven't heard back and if I need the original console side pieces, I have a line on a well priced set. 

So, with the koogleworks AC console and shift surround for a Clardy AC setup, do you end up having to trim down a set of the console side panels like I understand was done when the original kits were installed? 

Koboldtopf - '67 1600-2

Einhorn - '74 tii

OK, I knew the sides of the Clardy AC system that jut into the passenger foot well on the one side as well as the driver side were required. If I understand right, with the original install of a Clardy AC system the long pieces of the console that extend alongside the shift surround are trimmed to just cover the shifter surround. Do I have that right? My question is if the koogleworks shift surround uses the trimmed side pieces of the console sides (assuming I've understood how it was done originally). 

Edited by BarrettN

Koboldtopf - '67 1600-2

Einhorn - '74 tii

Too clarify:

with Kooglewerks you do NOT use any of your original console, in the standard Clardy install you butcher the console for 4” of parts 

I sold my Long Console to offset my Clardy/ICE install 

ADB110B3-D9DA-431C-8A0A-8126FCD6A97A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't take myself or opinions Seriously

My 4th 2002 and the first set of Square Tail-Lights

See the 4 versions of my 2002 project here: SoCal S2002 | Facebook

14 hours ago, chargin said:

... in the standard Clardy install you butcher the console for 4” of parts...

ADB110B3-D9DA-431C-8A0A-8126FCD6A97A.jpeg

I take issue with this statement! You butcher both sides of the original console for 6” of parts... ???

For those not familiar with this odd Clardy practice, you took both sides of a (at least in 1975-76) brand spanking new console, and you cut off the small rear “tails” of each side. Those tails were then encapsulated in cheap hard plastic skirts. And you then discarded 94% of your new console sides, rendered worthless because you cut off the tails.

Below, viewed from underneath, you can see these two small remnants of my ‘76’s console sides in their plastic shells. Don’t worry: I’ve tidied this mess up by now! ?

Regards,

Steve

24DE5AC7-9016-4CCD-B0C1-A1A68337E0C9.jpeg

Edited by Conserv
  • Haha 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)