• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine Compartment / WIring Cleanup - Progress

JeffM

Jeff - I think your strut brace is installed backwards. Bar is typically towards the rear..

Did you remove or replace the trumpets on your carbs to fit those filters? You want free space in front of the trumpets. A shorty stub-lip trumpet will work better there than none (or regular-style ones).

Tom-too

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

visionaut - I fitted the strut bar in both directions and found that positioning it behind the strut was seriously misaligned and would require shims and/or opening up the bolt holes (not my preference).  So I swung the plates around and the fit ahead of the struts was near perfect.  Had to make a minor mod to the bracket for the brake fluid reservoir, but it all worked out fine.  Also avoids brake booster line interference. 

No trumpets on the webers, just the plate, filter and metal screen.  There's a small open space ahead of intake, but that's it.  Who sells the stub-lip trumpets?  Those sound like a good idea.  

Edited by JeffM

relocating that battery frees up a lot of space . One  of the first mods  to make if you do a lot of DIY

• Like 1

73 Tii stock build, Porsche Macan   , E46 330i Florida driver, 

….and like most of us, way too many (maybe 30 at last count) I wish I hadn't sold ?

• 1 month later...
On 4/18/2020 at 2:36 PM, visionaut said:

Jeff - I think your strut brace is installed backwards. Bar is typically towards the rear..

Did you remove or replace the trumpets on your carbs to fit those filters? You want free space in front of the trumpets. A shorty stub-lip trumpet will work better there than none (or regular-style ones).

Tom-too

Did a bit of fitting and the front strut bar is in behind the strut tops now.  

75- strut brace corrected.JPG