• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1600ti carbs + manifolds available.

20 hours ago, halboyles said:

Do you mean one up and one down?  I believe the 1800 and 2000 ti's had the same configuration.  Here's a pic from an original article about the 1800ti.

1381887978_Page5.pdf 5.14 MB · 0 downloads

Yes- sort of.  I believe you can swap the straight ones front to back for this configuration.

Note the clamps for the ti air cleaners are located (welded) differently than the tii air cleaners. Opposite center versus ends.

• Like 2

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/2/2020 at 2:52 AM, jgerock said:

Yup. The pivoting accelerator mechanism gives it away.

Is it possible to combine that pivoting accelerator from the NK with the normal 2002ti mechanism up to the bracket on the firewall? I apparently have NK manifolds on my 2002, I kept them on as they were already set up for 45MM Carbs, but the post just sits there... My setup with the tie bar mounted on the carb to manifold flange bolts is not the greatest, it does transfer some of the vibrations and the return spring is resonating so I still have room for improvement (short of going to a cable throttle).

Andrew

1971 2002ti, 1985 E30 320i, 1960 Land Rover 109 Ser 2, 1963 Land Rover 88 Ser 2a, 1980 Land Rover Ser 3 Lightweight 

11 hours ago, Oldtimerfahrer said:

Is it possible to combine that pivoting accelerator from the NK with the normal 2002ti mechanism up to the bracket on the firewall? I apparently have NK manifolds on my 2002, I kept them on as they were already set up for 45MM Carbs, but the post just sits there... My setup with the tie bar mounted on the carb to manifold flange bolts is not the greatest, it does transfer some of the vibrations and the return spring is resonating so I still have room for improvement (short of going to a cable throttle).

Andrew

Interesting you posted this. Another “fresh” thread is already discussing this. Look for early VIN 166....

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

13 hours ago, Oldtimerfahrer said:

Is it possible to combine that pivoting accelerator from the NK with the normal 2002ti mechanism up to the bracket on the firewall?

The NK linkage from the pedal to the firewall bracket to the pivoting, "helicopter", component is very different from the 2002ti linkage.   The throttle shaft levers on the carbs (even the TISA 45 DCOE Webers) are also different.  See pics below.  So it would not be impossible but it would be difficult to do.  That is why many of the NK manifold posts for that pivoting component have been cut off or drilled out when used on '02s.  And also why folks who wanted to use the original 2002ti linkage had to fabricate a throttle lever to work with the Webers and sometimes modify the carb bridge bracket.

(BEWARE--Shameless self promotion ahead!)  That is also why I have created a ti-style linkage kit for the Webers that takes the best of the 2002ti system and customized components for the Webers to come up with a bolt-on kit from the pedal lever to the throttle levers.  Some pics below.  Please PM for more info if interested.

NK Weber Linkage Firewall.jpeg

NK Weber Linkage PIvot and Carb Levers.jpeg

Plated Version (1).jpg

Plated Version (2).jpg

• Like 2

BMWCCA  Member #14493

www.2002sonly.com

1086238739_Logoforsignature.png.eb1354ab9afa7c378cd15f33e4c7fbbe.png

• 3 weeks later...

18 minutes ago, Autostrada said:

The manifolds are the same as the 1600ti sans the brass rod for the 1800ti linkage.

Both the 1800ti and 1600ti used the same 118 head and thus the intake manifolds have very different throats sizes than the 2002ti with the 121 head.  Here are some specs on the head and carb side of the manifolds. The intake manifold labeld "1600ti and 1800ti" is a actual 1600ti intake manifold.

118 Head Intake.jpg

2 Liter Head Intake.jpg

1600 vs 2002 Intake Manifold Carb Side.jpg

1600 vs 2002 Intake Manifold Head Side.jpg

Edited by halboyles
  • Like 2

BMWCCA  Member #14493

www.2002sonly.com

1086238739_Logoforsignature.png.eb1354ab9afa7c378cd15f33e4c7fbbe.png