Deilke53

My New Dash

9 posts / 378 viewsLast Reply

I know I don't share much but I like how this dash is turning out so here you go.

About as far from modern F1 tech as you're gonna get..but I think there's something cool about an old school instrument panel.

I've always just had a stock dash with these same instruments mounted all over the place and under-dash wiring that looked like a 4th grader decided to install an aftermarket alarm and stereo. Only the occasional inline fuse to supplement my luck.

Yes I have nice terminal blocks to replace the wire nuts but I'm still recovering from the recent loss of my under-hood home j-box where my battery cables used to meet-up so I may just keep them for a while.

-.060" aluminum panel and parcel shelf.. a few rivets into the underside of the dash bar

-.060 Lexan cover panel fastened by Velcro..light and easily removed

-dash panel secured only by 2 cage clamps..easy to remove or rotate forward for access.

Now the rush is off since it's looking like we'll almost certainly all have an extended off season.

DASH1.jpg

DASH2.jpg

DASH3.jpg

DASH4.jpg

DASH5.jpg

DASH6.jpg

• Like 8

I don't know what I like more - the car, the dash or the wooded workshop!

Looks great, thank you for sharing.

Jason

• Like 1

Thanks guys!  Agree, the lit up fasten seat belt warning would be cool and fit my style perfectly. The instrument that was unfortunately forgotten is my old adjustable fun meter.  Really need to mount it in a bezel and find a spot.  Here is an old pic showing the junction box.  I think that box has sparked more great pit conversations than any other unorthodox home made solution on the car.

0626170539.jpg

funmeter.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, but I was able to include that conduit fuel line protector through the cabin on the same building permit so it wasn't much hassle.

It was 2008, simpler times:).

Me, I like the door bars.

Well, and the wire nuts...

Nice, Mike!

t