billw

Sold Wheels, caps, trim ring, tire

15 posts / 330 viewsLast Reply

Price: $320

Description:

Good morning ,

I am not sure what the value or interest would be but here it goes:  I have 4: steel wheels, dog-dish hub caps, beauty ring (knock-offs), tire.  The wheels were blasted and powder coated in Chamonix about 6 years ago, where the beauty rings punch on there are some scratches to the wheel (covered by the ring).  The caps were purchased new, maybe 100 miles driven, very good shape, may be some pressure points on them from pushing them on (if you have these, you know what I mean).  The tires are new, maybe 100 miles, purchased six years ago, up on jacks since them, inside of my garage.  Would prefer to sell as a whole, but understand the wheels in Chamonix limit that.  If no luck there will sell in sets of 4 (no one piece only).  Would prefer not to ship.  This afternoon or tomorrow, I will dust off the other three sets and send pics to those interested.  As for the price, just put a number I would like to get, don't know actual values nor what I paid to get them to this point (I'm sure it was more). bill

overall.jpg

tire size.jpg

tread.jpg

Wheel specs.jpg

Hey Matt,

I don't have the expertise to know what a TII steel wheel is.  I purchased these because they had the lugs that the hubcaps need.  They are earlier wheel but I don't know from what year.  Maybe someone could pipe up and answer that question.  The photo of the wheel has the marking on it.  I have attached a photo for the perspective of what the wheels look like with the 02.  It is a very cool old school feel to it, although I'm not sure its authentic to a particular year.  bill 

IMG_3712.jpg

Thanks very much Bill. The Tii wheel would be 5” wide instead of the traditional 4.5”. These look amazing. I’m just struggling to find two Tii wheels to fit my 02. I’d rather go that route instead of buying four new ones that are 4.5”.

if you have any with a 5Jx13 stamp on them let me know.

take care!

Matt

Larry,

The hubcaps fit the 4.5 inch, 13 inch wheel/rim.  The wheel/rim has to have the three lugs as shown in the photo I have attached to this response, to pop the hubcap on.  When you say "hubcaps and rims" do you mean hubcaps and wheel/rim or are you referring to the beauty ring?

bill

IMG_3713.jpg

(edited)
2 hours ago, billw said:

Hey Matt,

I don't have the expertise to know what a TII steel wheel is.  I purchased these because they had the lugs that the hubcaps need.  They are earlier wheel but I don't know from what year.  Maybe someone could pipe up and answer that question.  The photo of the wheel has the marking on it.  I have attached a photo for the perspective of what the wheels look like with the 02.  It is a very cool old school feel to it, although I'm not sure its authentic to a particular year.  bill 

IMG_3712.jpg

These are OEM rims (note the “BMW” stamp), manufactured September 1971 (“9” over “71”), by Kronprinz (a decorative “KPZ” stamp), model number 5359 C (a bit unclear in the photo), and are 4.5”-wide double-hump 13” rims (“4 1/2 J” over “13H2”).

The hub-cap-over-steel-rim is a very hot look, emphasizing the “dish” of the rim. But it’s rare because it’s difficult to find sets of four hub caps (dog-dish style like here). Did you say you purchased the hub caps new?

Generally, any hub cap that fits on the factory 4.5” rim also fits on the factory 5” (round taillight) ti/tii rim.

GLWS,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 1

To those who expressed an interest in these items I sincerely apologize.  After cleaning them up,  I have decided to to keep them.  Not sure how to remove the post, plus there was some valuable information posted by others, i may just show them as sold.  

P.S.  I may be posting some new Rota's in the near future:(

bill