• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheels, caps, trim ring, tire

billw

Price: $320

Description:

Good morning ,

I am not sure what the value or interest would be but here it goes:  I have 4: steel wheels, dog-dish hub caps, beauty ring (knock-offs), tire.  The wheels were blasted and powder coated in Chamonix about 6 years ago, where the beauty rings punch on there are some scratches to the wheel (covered by the ring).  The caps were purchased new, maybe 100 miles driven, very good shape, may be some pressure points on them from pushing them on (if you have these, you know what I mean).  The tires are new, maybe 100 miles, purchased six years ago, up on jacks since them, inside of my garage.  Would prefer to sell as a whole, but understand the wheels in Chamonix limit that.  If no luck there will sell in sets of 4 (no one piece only).  Would prefer not to ship.  This afternoon or tomorrow, I will dust off the other three sets and send pics to those interested.  As for the price, just put a number I would like to get, don't know actual values nor what I paid to get them to this point (I'm sure it was more). bill

overall.jpg

tire size.jpg

tread.jpg

Wheel specs.jpg

1973 2002 Chamonix sunroof (soon to be M42 swap)
2015 Ford Explorer-Wife
1999 Jeep Cherokee

1991 318i convertible (donor)

Hey Matt,

I don't have the expertise to know what a TII steel wheel is.  I purchased these because they had the lugs that the hubcaps need.  They are earlier wheel but I don't know from what year.  Maybe someone could pipe up and answer that question.  The photo of the wheel has the marking on it.  I have attached a photo for the perspective of what the wheels look like with the 02.  It is a very cool old school feel to it, although I'm not sure its authentic to a particular year.  bill 

IMG_3712.jpg

2015 Ford Explorer-Wife
1999 Jeep Cherokee

Thanks very much Bill. The Tii wheel would be 5” wide instead of the traditional 4.5”. These look amazing. I’m just struggling to find two Tii wheels to fit my 02. I’d rather go that route instead of buying four new ones that are 4.5”.

if you have any with a 5Jx13 stamp on them let me know.

take care!

Matt

Larry,

The hubcaps fit the 4.5 inch, 13 inch wheel/rim.  The wheel/rim has to have the three lugs as shown in the photo I have attached to this response, to pop the hubcap on.  When you say "hubcaps and rims" do you mean hubcaps and wheel/rim or are you referring to the beauty ring?

bill

IMG_3713.jpg

2015 Ford Explorer-Wife
1999 Jeep Cherokee

2 hours ago, billw said:

Hey Matt,

I don't have the expertise to know what a TII steel wheel is.  I purchased these because they had the lugs that the hubcaps need.  They are earlier wheel but I don't know from what year.  Maybe someone could pipe up and answer that question.  The photo of the wheel has the marking on it.  I have attached a photo for the perspective of what the wheels look like with the 02.  It is a very cool old school feel to it, although I'm not sure its authentic to a particular year.  bill 

IMG_3712.jpg

These are OEM rims (note the “BMW” stamp), manufactured September 1971 (“9” over “71”), by Kronprinz (a decorative “KPZ” stamp), model number 5359 C (a bit unclear in the photo), and are 4.5”-wide double-hump 13” rims (“4 1/2 J” over “13H2”).

The hub-cap-over-steel-rim is a very hot look, emphasizing the “dish” of the rim. But it’s rare because it’s difficult to find sets of four hub caps (dog-dish style like here). Did you say you purchased the hub caps new?

Generally, any hub cap that fits on the factory 4.5” rim also fits on the factory 5” (round taillight) ti/tii rim.

GLWS,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Thanks for the technical details Steve.  I purchased them unused from a forum member if my memory serves me right.

• Thanks 1

2015 Ford Explorer-Wife
1999 Jeep Cherokee

To those who expressed an interest in these items I sincerely apologize.  After cleaning them up,  I have decided to to keep them.  Not sure how to remove the post, plus there was some valuable information posted by others, i may just show them as sold.  

P.S.  I may be posting some new Rota's in the near future:(

bill

2015 Ford Explorer-Wife
1999 Jeep Cherokee