Cooper

Catastrophic engine failure

51 posts / 2642 viewsLast Reply

24 minutes ago, Cooper said:

Since pulling just the pan seems to be a unascertainable amount of work, and I already have an engine in pieces sitting on a shelf and another engine on the stand, it’ll be a little bit until I get to pulling this engine and taking it apart, sadly. But when I do, I’ll be sure to share the carnage 

it ain't as hard as some are making it out to be...

at least drain the oil into a pan and shine light in oil to see the sparkling metal shavings....

Fine, I’ll give into pier pressure...

this is all the none-oil that came out. No pieces of bearings or anything, but a bit more then you want to find in your oil I think. 

i also took the valve cover off to see if the cam sprocket popped of or something. All was fine under there, so It seems like we can rule out a timing chain issue. 

By the way, if anyone was looking for engine vin# 2571569, uhh, sorry. It’s kinda broken. I’ll give you a bangin deal on it though!

042B90A2-CFAE-403F-8636-F64A4F21BBF1.jpeg

• Sad 1

(edited)

Shiny granular bits probably ferrous metal. Shredded oil pump gears most likely.

Oil starvation would do that, fast.

Stick a magnet to it.

Edited by tech71
  • Like 1