• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's hear it: _______________

fastricky

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-bmw-2002tii-40/

Personally, I like this car a lot. Would need some more info on engine condition but there is a lot to like here IMHO: color, Euro features, condition... what say?

Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 9.53.02 PM.png

Edited by fastricky
  • Like 1

Ricky,

Looks fabulous! I want to see it do great! Oldenzaal, however, has earned several demerits for their restorations among users of this forum, users with first-hand experience. Consequently, I would want to perform a close inspection of this car to ensure it does not share any of these failings. Start with a search, on this forum, for Oldenzaal.

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

My son sent me this link last night and was wondering what it might go for.  I was thinking 60-70,000 range.  Really nice example but not perfect.  I am not familiar with the Atlantic Blue color but that one looks just a little off.  Am I just seeing things or do others see it as well?

Hope it does well!  And LOVE the wheels on it!

1970 Granada 1600 "The 16",  2000 528i Siena Red "The 5",  1968 Mustang 289 Muscle Car Blue, 

1999 318ti M Package Green,  1982 633CSi 5 speed Blue,  2011 550i M Package Black (6 speed manual)

Yes, I can see the difference, not much but I just thought it didn't look quite right.  Thanks for the picture & the info!

1970 Granada 1600 "The 16",  2000 528i Siena Red "The 5",  1968 Mustang 289 Muscle Car Blue, 

1999 318ti M Package Green,  1982 633CSi 5 speed Blue,  2011 550i M Package Black (6 speed manual)

13 hours ago, fastricky said:

Personally, I like this car a lot. Would need some more info on engine condition but there is a lot to like here IMHO: color, Euro features, condition... what say?

Yes, it is pretty cool.  I'm not an expert like the guys on this forum, so I can't speak to the color being right/not right.  Or the upholstery being stitched vs. heat-welded.  

I have a similar car, and I can tell you this one has the euro bits in the interior.  The gauges, steering wheel, low fuel light, radio all look right.  

I can't speak to the seat hinges - mine are chrome, but this is an earlier car, so they might be correct.  

Only thing I was wondering about is the fact that it has bumpers like mine, but it is 2400 cars earlier.  I thought it might still have the earlier versions at that vin.  This one was probably made in early spring of '72...mine was from the summer.

The euro cars tended not to change a whole lot over time - there were no regs driving yearly updates like here.  They also tended to change at the calendar year vs. the model year.  Model year changing in Sept is something the US gravitated towards in the '50s.  The new TV shows and new model cars were made to sync up, due to the interdependence of the two (via TV advertising).

Looks pretty nice to me.  The color is really classy.  

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

My critical eye searched many of the pictures, especially underneath.  Very nice attention to detail inside and out.  Couldn't find anything that bugged me.  Beautiful "perfect" dash.  Great looking car.

ONE error on re-assembly.  Fuel line is missing the rubber sleeves underneath the car.  Something for the new owner to do. ?

If I was looking for a tii, I'd be seriously interested in this one.  If only it had a sunroof.

• Like 2

73 Inka Tii #2762958

1 hour ago, PaulTWinterton said:

My critical eye searched many of the pictures, especially underneath.  Very nice attention to detail inside and out.  Couldn't find anything that bugged me.  Beautiful "perfect" dash.  Great looking car.

ONE error on re-assembly.  Fuel line is missing the rubber sleeves underneath the car.  Something for the new owner to do. ?

If I was looking for a tii, I'd be seriously interested in this one.  If only it had a sunroof.

Bzzt!

No exhaust tip!

:D

You sunroof snob! :D

Edited by ray_
  • Haha 3

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

5 hours ago, ray_ said:

No exhaust tip!

I have to say, when I got my car in '87, it did not have the chrome exhaust tip.  Remember, Max made that a mandatory option for the US cars.  So all the 02s here had/have them, but in Europe it wasn't as big of a deal.  It probably didn't have one originally.

I caved and put one on my car because my wife thought it looked better.  So there you go.  

Scott

• Like 2

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI