kprocyk

'74 02 tii info request-vin # 2782477

29 posts / 1241 viewsLast Reply

Folks,

Is anyone familiar win vin# 2782477 it's a 1974 2002 tii currently for sale on ebay in Bellingham MA,  seller claims it's a 2 owner car, originally it came from Missouri and then to New York.

Here is the ebay link https://www.ebay.ca/itm/264632098485?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true

Just looking for more info on it if possible before I put in a bid.

Thanks in advance,

Kris

Looking at the sellers "sold" listings, it has been auctioned off twice already this year

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1974-BMW-2002-Tii/264597652959?hash=item3d9b3fc5df:g:QXMAAOSwWwReHIFa

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1974-BMW-2002-Tii/264618538974?hash=item3d9c7e77de:g:QXMAAOSwWwReHIFa

The ad says "non refundable deposit".  Be careful.

Just a quick observation, while we wait for Les... the overspray on the windshield rubber is a red flag

s-l1600.jpg

considering the condition of the seal

s-l1600.jpg

(edited)

Hey Kris, You can send Munich an email ([email protected]) but all you will get is a confirmation of the VIN date, colour code of the car and its import date, but it will take a few days before you get the info. I'm assuming the dealer will not be too anxious to fill in any of the blanks.

hth

Edited by joysterm

Holy crap. This thing has danger written all over it. If you click on Mintgreens ebay listings, you see it's been sold twice by THE SAME SELLER for $15K and $21K. What the hell?

Then, well, snorkle. Somebody has to say it.

Then, price. A 74 tii for $20K? Uh, no.

Then, VIN's. I want to see pix of all three.

Then, the underside. No pix, no deal.

Then, get thyself to Mass to see the car. There are so many red flags here, somebody should shoot up a flare.

(edited)

The seller has had two negative feedback ratings within the past 90 days

Vehicle was not as described. The car has rust and damage. Do not buy from SELLER
(Private listing)
Buyer: a***- (232)

Don’t buy!accident bad body work needs rebuilt Engine,top lost $1000 deposit sum
(Private listing)
Buyer: 4***t (735)

I went to the bidding results for each of the two times this car sold, to see if the buyer matched the feebackers, but the bids were kept private, so that info is not there.  32 bids the first time it sold.  2 bids the second time.  

(While I was checking out his feedback, I accidentally clicked on "leave reciprocal feedback".  I am not sure what that means, since I was not the one that left the actual feedback, but I hope I don't hear from him).

Edited by '76mintgrün'02

I have never seen that car before in Bellingham and I  doubt that shop is in the city limits. 

38 minutes ago, '76mintgrün'02 said:

The seller has had two negative feedback ratings within the past 90 days

Vehicle was not as described. The car has rust and damage. Do not buy from SELLER
(Private listing)

Don’t buy!accident bad body work needs rebuilt Engine,top lost $1000 deposit sum
(Private listing)

I went to the bidding results for each of the two times this car sold, to see if the buyer matched the feebackers, but the bids were kept private, so that info is not there.  32 bids the first time it sold.  2 bids the second time.  

(While I was checking out his feedback, I accidentally clicked on "leave reciprocal feedback".  I am not sure what that means, since I was not the one that left the actual feedback, but I hope I don't hear from him).

Reciprocal feedback apparently is the seller's response, if any:

FEEDBACK
FEEDBACK FROM WHEN
Detailed item information is not available for the following items because the feedback is over 90 days old.

Vehicle was not as described. The car has rust and damage. Do not buy frm SELLER
(Private listing)
Past year

There is no feedback to display

(Private listing)
Past year

Feedback from milfordautoclinic to 4***tLeft within past year.
Not honest buyer ! Sellers be aware !!!! Failed to follow the ebay rules.
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Son of Marty said:

It's in Belligham Massachusetts

Oh, the other Bellingham.

7 hours ago, kprocyk said:

Folks,

Is anyone familiar win vin# 2782477 it's a 1974 2002 tii currently for sale on ebay in Bellingham MA,  seller claims it's a 2 owner car, originally it came from Missouri and then to New York.

Here is the ebay link https://www.ebay.ca/itm/264632098485?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true

Just looking for more info on it if possible before I put in a bid.

Thanks in advance,

Kris

Sent you a PM.

• Like 1

Forgedded.

Forgedded, forgedded, forgedded.

To describe this car as "like new" is much more than a bold impertinence. Have a look at the rocker trim piercings:

s-l1600.jpg

What's going on with the rear lower end of the driver's door? Front end of the wheel arch? What about the driver's rear vent window seal?

The battery connectors, that lousy nose job (had an accident?), missing lid insulation:

s-l1600.jpg

The lid itself seems to be rusty and reseda from the inside.

Wrinkled door panel, maybe the gray tab on the lock lever is missing:

s-l1600.jpg

What's near to the side line of the sunroof panel? Rust or reflections?

s-l1600.jpg

I could continue, but this should be enough already. Look for another car, there must be better ones out there.

hen

Just overpriced. The seller doesn't seem to know enough for a proper description of the car. Non refundable deposit would be enough for not bidding.

(edited)
10 hours ago, 02Les said:

Sent you a PM.

Come on, Les....PM?   Your revelations are so entertaining & enlightening!

Edited by otisdog
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, otisdog said:

Come on, Les....PM?   Your revelations are so entertaining & enlightening!

+1

I figure if Les’s “input” had to be PM’d, it must have been “highly educational”...

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

(edited)

Years ago, c.diesel posited, in jest, that a couple of bent steelies perhaps came from the ‘02 below. I still chuckle when I think of this photo...

NOTE: I have no reason to believe that this is VIN 2782477! ?

Regards,

Steve

C8021CB2-1FB4-4CE0-865E-2299649C0B7D.jpeg

Edited by Conserv