conkitchen

Tii related eye candy-Yeah for me

17 posts / 594 viewsLast Reply

(edited)

My pump arrived from Gus at Pacific Fuel Injection here in South San Francisco, CA.  

Full rebuild, calibration and injector cleaning, plus shipping, $1,130.00+/-   and a printout of set-up instructions and parts invoice.  nice! 

The one thing, he does not stock the throttle linkage stem plastic cup.  Amazon purchase $20.00  

Maybe I can have this car running for Brisbane, if my brake caliper rebuild worked.  

*your results may vary*

IMG_0940.JPG

Edited by conkitchen
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

For future reference jaymic has the plastic cups

I don't need a pump re-build, but curious how long it took from time you sent it to the time you received it back.

My contribution to tii eye-candy - I already had bought a spare set, but this deal (all in French, a former Peugeot 504 owner in Martinique) came through, and at the price I couldn't help myself:IMG-20200212-WA0001.thumb.jpeg.111c5b31e0b57edff1f448058d26d71d.jpeg

Bench tested at 34+ bar

5 hours ago, markmac said:

I don't need a pump re-build, but curious how long it took from time you sent it to the time you received it back.

I think I sent it to him in December. Given holidays, end of year shizzy and the fact that Gus is Gus, not too shabby. 

BTW, to keep costs in perspective. This is what $20 looks like in the Tii realm. 

IMG_0943.JPG

• Like 3

Curious, do you compare Gus vs Jerry Fairchild in Redding for pricing, turn around, etc..  . I have used Jerry in the past and have no bad things to say about my experience with Jerry rebuilding my tii pump.

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Gordon said:

Curious, do you compare Gus vs Jerry Fairchild in Redding for pricing, turn around, etc..  . I have used Jerry in the past and have no bad things to say about my experience with Jerry rebuilding my tii pump.

Wouldn t know. I think I may have reached out to Fairchild, but never got through so I sent it to Gus.  I have used Wes Ingram berfore with a Turbo K-fisher and that experience was not on my list of let's try that again.  

Edited by conkitchen
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, conkitchen said:

My pump arrived from Gus at Pacific Fuel Injection here in South San Francisco, CA.  

Full rebuild, calibration and injector cleaning, plus shipping, $1,130.00+/-   and a printout of set-up instructions and parts invoice.  nice! 

The one thing, he does not stock the throttle linkage stem plastic cup.  Amazon purchase $20.00  

Maybe I can have this car running for Brisbane, if my brake caliper rebuild worked.  

*your results may vary*

IMG_0940.JPG

Why don't you see if that thing will make it to Mid Am?

:P

1 hour ago, ray_ said:

Why don't you see if that thing will make it to Mid Am?

:P

What, and get my perfectly clean undercarriage dirty? 

I may have difficulty believing you have a clean undercarriage :P

8 minutes ago, ray_ said:

I may have difficulty believing you have a clean undercarriage :P

Well I do at times leave a burn out patch.or a skid mark. 

• Like 1

That is remarkably fast from Gus.  I had heard at one point it was like 6 months.  Years ago I had him test my Schnitzer race pump + injectors and then more recently my fabricated injection lines (good thing too, one of them was a leaker....).  Great resource close to me, but boy he is getting up there in years and it doesn't appear there is anyone waiting in the wings to take over.

37 minutes ago, markmac said:

....but boy he is getting up there in years....

When I would call,it always felt like I was disturbing his afternoon nap 

• Haha 2

(edited)

zzzzzzzzz

Edited by iinca