brad_c-ville_VA

Sold '74 2002 Verona with turbo flares - SOLD

1 post / 1074 viewsLast Reply

(edited)
Price: $6500

Description:

::EDIT::  SOLD

BMW 2002 friends,

I'm regretfully (but not too regretfully) selling my Verona red '74 2002. I recently picked up a '72 Bavaria (thanks Scott Barnes) in Malaga...not God's own Verona red the pinnacle of BMW paint codes, but it's a bewt so it'll do. As such I think it's time to let someone else have fun with this red 02.

I'm looking to get $6500 and it will come as seen in the pictures linked below with a few extra bits and pieces as noted in the informational document also included in the link. The car runs great, has loads of upgrades but does have some surface rust poking out here and there. All the major structural rust (rockers, frame rails, shock towers) have been repaired as needed. This was an autocross car when I bought it and it is pretty much still a fun go-kart with Spax adjustable struts/shocks. It would be a perfect fun autocrosser as I did plenty of runs in it while I owned it.  I have owned this car since Feb. of 2004.

Currently there is a pair of mismatched seats in it now, a black leather Flo-Fit driver and a brown stock passenger. Both are in decent condition, see the pics. I deleted the rear seat years ago. I have also taken off the rare 15x7 Weds Bavaria wheels I had installed and replaced them with some ugly BBS 13" 320i sport basket weaves with crap tires. The Weds are for sale but they will be $1200 for the set. There is a picture with the car wearing those wheels in the link. I also have an M20 swap set up that I had planned on dropping into this car. That is also for sale separately or with the car if you are interested. It includes an M20, getrag 260, engine and transmission swap mounts to fit a 2002, associated wiring and ECU and other random stuff.

If you are looking for a fun 02 project, please get in touch. Link with more photos, a video of the engine running, and document with upgrades and repair info below:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Sy6GoTZ2YsfAfWwJ66jZu38NiKWlcejV

Info from the document linked above:

1974 BMW 2002  VIN 4280415

Paint code:  Verona (originally Sahara) 

Transmission:  4 speed manual, converted from factory automatic

Engine:  not original to car.  M10 with E12 head, 292 regrind cam, tii pistons, 38/38 Weber carburetor, 008 tii distributor with Pertronix Ignitor, 320i radiator installed.

Exhaust:  02Again tii shorty header, stock down pipe, Ansa resonator, stock muffler

Suspension:  Spax adjustable shocks with Eibach lowering springs, Top End Performance strut braces front and rear.  Tii anti-sway bars front and rear. Urethane bushings in front, stock rubber in rear (urethane rears included with sale)

Brakes:  Volvo big brake conversion, Hawk HP+ pads, stainless steel braided flex lines front and back

Interior:  Flo-fit driver seat (black), stock passenger seat (brown), door panels dyed black, rear seat deleted.

Body work:  Turbo flares added in 2007.  Rear arches were welded and seam sealed.  Chrome bumpers installed and painted body color.  European turn signals.

Repairs:

2020 – New battery, replaced driver side frame rail portion, tacked in lower nose panel patch

2016 – New hazard switch

2012 – New center support bearing, new shifter linkage and tower, new strut bearings

2011 – New guibo, 320i radiator installed, new thermostat

2009 – rear shock tower welded, new alternator and voltage regulator installed, welded driver side rocker panel patches, new 38/38 Weber carburetor installed, new E12 brake master cylinder installed, new under hood rubber seals installed, new fuel line installed

2007 - welded passenger side rocker panel patch, turbo flares installed

2005 - installed Volvo brake upgrade, new clutch master and slave cylinders, pedal box repaired

Known issues:

Rust:  Trunk lock surround and seal edge, passenger side rain gutter underside, passenger side B-pillar, door corners and edge, lower nose, trunk lid underside, small roof spot, small hood spot, floor boards have rusty spots (see photos in link above)

-Clutch return spring is broken, have a spare used one

-Steering wheel is a cheap Nardi knock off, would not drive with it

-Blower fan does not work, have a used spare to go with it

-Tires on BBS basketweaves are old, rollers only

-Speedometer doesn’t work, will include used replacement

-Carb choke is not connected

-Dash is cracked in 3 small spots

-Carpet is worn

-Driver side door leaks under heavy rain, gets carpet wet

-Tape deck does not play

wearing Weds wheels.jpg

interior 1.jpg