euro8886

1973 BMW 2002; CEYLON non-driver project

6 posts / 973 viewsLast Reply

(edited)
Price: $8500

Description:

This 1973 CEYLON BMW 2002 CALIFORNIA CAR; VIN # 2591549; (color verified by email copy, via BMW ARCHIVAL SERVICE in Germany) was a restoration project that got halted due to health reasons, and came to a halt. It was stored in area with a dry climate, in a enclosed carport near Nevada City.

The first picture, is what it looked like, before the drive-line and interior were removed for paint, and mechanical work, about 8yrs ago. The complete body is perhaps one of the cleanest, straightest, rust-free 2002 bodies that i have seen in a very long time, and you don't see many with those 3 issues, originally intact altogether at one time. The 2nd picture is what CEYLON looks like, ON A DIFFERENT 2002, in wonderful condition. 

The body is complete and intact, with exception of the glass, interior, and drive-line. --We have 90% of the parts, that came with the BMW (parts break, some were missing) i.e. seats, door cards, all grilles, all chrome, all bumpers, all glass, etc. No carpet, it was toast. 

Most of the Chrome is in very use-able condition, seats need considerable help, door cards ok. doors shut fine, as does the trunk.

You will not find ANY STRUCTURAL RUST on this car, and every body line is quite straight from head light to tail light, including the roof, and the door gaps to body are spot on, and surprisingly in-line for its age. 

Comes with a very nice replacement dash set in near perfect shape, headliner is there. 

Engine is torn down to the block, -matches the vin,  and needs to be rebuilt, the transmission had a 2nd gear grind, but did shift ok. Rear diff is still mounted in the BMW. It is a roller on tires with the original steel wheels, so it is easily towed. 

call for more pics, as i will have more uploaded, as time permits.  If you message me @ [email protected], i can email them to you for better resolution. asking $8500 or best offer.

CLEAN CALIFORNIA TITLE - NO BACK FEES.  == 65o-344~111 seVen  land line ==

link; https://flic.kr/s/aHsmLfNpFL

IMG_8664.png

7FEDBB77-0AFB-4B48-A16B-BD8479A07CAE.jpeg.b354ab119ef2977c96f560050ae53d61.jpeg

Edited by euro8886
more info added

(edited)

The first picture, is what she looked like, The 2nd picture is what she looks like, in wonderful condition. 

C'mon man, why not show us pictures of your car all wet from the watering hose right before you take a picture.  

image.jpeg.89b8c4b2942eeef1d9d5867e5d3c6c86.jpeg

Image result for hot chic

Edited by conkitchen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I personally saw this car early last year after I bought some miscellaneous grills and bumper parts from the original owner.  This 'white' car was sitting under his carport.  At the time I wasn't in the market for another car but wandered over to have a look.  I really was amazed at how straight it was with no signs of nose damage, nose replacement or any panel replacement.  When I saw it, it was in 'white primer' but saw traces of the original Ceylon in the cabin and under the dash.  Was very surprised how the doors, trunk and hood opened with ease - no binding. The VIN matching block was present but out of the car.  Big project but  ...  if you've got a thing for Ceylon, this one might be worth looking at.  

• Like 1

Hey @euro8886 - I'd be interested in seeing the car in person.  I'm having a hard time getting an idea of it from the pictures.  I'm in East Bay often.  Where are you at?

Shoot me a text and we can find a time to talk / potentialy see it in person if you agree.   651 three 4 three seventy-nine 86.  Thanks so much!

Michael