• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: Tii Roundie

brooklyn_bmw

Price: $25000

Description:

Hi everyone, I'm looking to buy a Tii Roundie. Here are some of my criteria:

Description

Good buy not great condition Tii Roundie (as reflected in budget). Looking for something mechanically good, rust free or close to, and non-modified gearbox.

Nice to have

I know it's probably frowned upon, but AC and a modern sound system would be welcome additions, as well as a sunroof.

Color
Agnostic on this for the right car

Budget

Up to 25K

I'm in NY, but willing to travel to inspect and buy from a well documented seller.

Keen to move fast (got the bug!)

Anything else I should be specifying?

Also looking for recommendations for a mechanic experienced with 2002s in NY (NYC/NJ preferred). I have experience working on 70's vehicles but will need someone for the heavy lifting.

Thank you all for the great reference material on this site. Learning a lot! 

There was a no sale on BaT for a Polaris tii that later turned up on this site. It may still be available.  I think it was near your budget and looked like a great starting point. I have a 73tii I will be selling soon but it will be more expensive than your target. Good luck in your search.  

1960 Austin Healey Sprite | 1974 Ford Bronco | 1988 Porsche 911 | 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser | 2022 Ford Bronco Badlands on Order | In Search of a BMW 2002 

36 minutes ago, 2double02 said:

There was a no sale on BaT for a Polaris tii that later turned up on this site. It may still be available.  I think it was near your budget and looked like a great starting point. I have a 73tii I will be selling soon but it will be more expensive than your target. Good luck in your search.  

Thank you! I’ll have to go deep on the no sales at BaT. I have a little flexibility, but either way will look out for your 73.

39 minutes ago, brooklyn_bmw said:

Thank you! I’ll have to go deep on the no sales at BaT. I have a little flexibility, but either way will look out for your 73.

Here it is. 

https://www.bmw2002faq.com/forums/topic/254167-1972-bmw-2002tii-for-sale/

1960 Austin Healey Sprite | 1974 Ford Bronco | 1988 Porsche 911 | 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser | 2022 Ford Bronco Badlands on Order | In Search of a BMW 2002 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Brooklyn,

If you are still in the market, I am getting ready to list my '73 car for sale.  It may not be what you are looking for.  I bought the car in 2001 and it was my daily driver for 4 or 5 years.  When my sister gave me another car (Saturn), I put the BMW into storage where it sat for the next 5 or 6 years.  In 2011 I pulled it out and started slowly restoring it.  I bought and refurbished Tii front and rear subframes with all new bushing, bearings, etc. and installed them.  I give the mechanicals of the car an 8 out of 10.  The major remaining issue is replacing rusty sheet metal - the hood, one front fender, both rocker panels, and driver's floor board.  The good news is over the years I have gathered OEM replacements for all of the bits that need replacing.  In addition, I have a ton of spare parts including a spare engine, trans, heater boxes (3 I think), and 4 or 5 large boxes full of bits and pieces.  I also have a lot of original literature including original sales brochures and the repair notebook.   I am going to ask $8,000 for the car and all of the parts.  I am located in Athens, Georgia.  -  Jim Daniels

'71 02 - parts car with not many parts left

'73 02 - weekend toy and money pit

'74 04 - sold in '91

'03 325iT - for trips and bad weather

'03 50cc Honda Scooter - for my 2 mile commute

'06 50cc Honda scooter - wife's commuter