• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cancelled - Swap & Show 2020 - 500 Sierra Point Parkway, Brisbane, California, 94005 - 05/02/2020 10:00 AM to 05/02/2020 03:00 PM

layers

Event Title: Cancelled - Swap & Show 2020

Event Location: 500 Sierra Point Parkway, Brisbane, California, 94005
Event Author: layers
Event Date: 05/02/2020 10:00 AM to 05/02/2020 03:00 PM

Now completely cancelled!  Watch for a possible drive on 12 September, NT40MD in December and S&S-2021 possibly on 1 May 2021.

POSTPONED until 12 September!

BayArea 02 Swap & Show, 2 May 2020, Marina at Brisbane, California.  As before, the address is 500 Sierra Point Parkway, along the Bay on the North side of Sierra Point. Preregister on Motorsportreg (see link below).  Preregistration is $25 while the on-site fee on 2 May will be $30.  Kile Brekke continues to show his artistic flare with the graphics and has again added his art for our T-shirts and printed materials; we expect the shirts, posters and cards to be popular once again!  Please preregister early to help us plan.  Preregistration will open on 1 March at [Preregistration for Swap & Show-2020 on MotorsportREG].  We expect it to end on 26 April 2020, so do NOT plan on a last-minute signup (we need a few days to get stuff ready...).

Note— Swap & Show visitors are welcome!  There is no fee for entry if you do not show your car or swap parts.  However, we strongly encourage anyone with a BMW of our vintage to bring your car to display, no matter how mundane your daily driver (dirt, rust and all, which may be surprisingly photogenic) or how Instagram-friendly your restoration.  There is no judging your car so there will be no points for extra dirt, missing dirt, artistic (!?) rust or matching luggage.  We smile at all BMW's and photographs or videos are welcome (but NO drones over cars)!

*********************************************************************************************

Like so many other events, Swap & Show-2020 was postponed until 12 September.  Although in May and June the pandemic seemed to be waning, by mid July it's rising again and the county and state governments give no hint of allowing even outdoor semi-large events (except for smaller religious services; does Swap & Show qualify?).

Please mark your calendars for 12 December for another Not the 49-mile Drive (perhaps social distanced but food is a question mark right now) and 1 May 2021 for the next Swap & Show at the Brisbane Marina.

Larry

Cancelled - Swap & Show 2020

• Like 2

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

’73 Malaga— first car, now gone

'74tii Malaga

• 1 month later...

Preregistration will open on 1 March 2020 (at 8PM).  See [Preregistration for Swap & Show-2020].    We expect it to end on 26 April 2020, so do NOT plan on a last-instant signup except on 2 May at Swap&Show at the higher price (we need a few days to get stuff ready...).

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'74tii Malaga

Hi Bill--

While we have no plans to print and sell these posters at S&S-20, that could change.  If we have 1 or 2 left over from our 25-count print run (11" x 17") we might sell them at a very reasonable cost so they go to a good home.  Otherwise, with enough interest, Art Director Kile Brekke may make some available either as a small print run or by taking names to print just the number requested.  Depending on the final size, number ordered and shipping costs (any framing would be more...), the price could range from maybe $30 each to a lot more-- details, details.  If we hear significant of interest we will look harder at how to offer posters.

I think your question shows the value of a good Art Director: he makes our show and all of the Organizers look better!

Larry

• Like 1

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'74tii Malaga

Registered last night, believe I was the 1st after you Larry. It'll be my car's debut after a complete exterior restoration, the replacement of the headliner, new mats and other interior bits replaced. Ironically we both have '74 tii's. Larry, yours wouldn't happen to be Gulf yellow w/silver MSW Ceres basketweaves, would it? 

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

Hi Wends--

Note the thumbnail photo in my posts, showing my tii along with a few others on the Curt Ingram Memorial Drive.  Also, note my signature indicates I'm more partial to Malaga than to Golf (it took just a minute at the dealer when I purchased my late '73 to choose the best color...).

Larry

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'74tii Malaga

• 4 weeks later...

I received this earlier today.

Bay Area 02 Fans,

You were probably wondering if this email would arrive, and we really didn't want to send it, but it's the only responsible thing to do given the coronavirus pandemic and the shelter-in-place orders.

The new date for the 20th annual Bay Area 02 Swap and Show is 12 September 2020.  We hope this date will be a safe time to gather with our cars and stories at the Brisbane Marina.

Pre-registration will remain open. If you've already registered and still plan to come on the 12th then you don't have to do anything.  If you've registered and wish to cancel your registration, please reply to this email (info@bayarea02.com) and we'll refund your registration.

Stay healthy and safe, and we'll see you in September!

- Bay Area 02 Team

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40