coloincaalpine

Help I.D. this threshold trim.

9 posts / 213 viewsLast Reply

(edited)

I don't have my BMW factory accessory folder collection in front of me, but if they're aluminum, they look like a factory accessory threshold (sill) plate offered especially for the early roundies that didn't have any kind of threshold cover.  Thus the paint on the threshold was exposed and subject to scratches from feet being dragged across it.  If they're longer than a 2002 door, they may be a factory part for a 2000 CS (which came with sill plates from the factory), as NK sedan doors are shorter than an 02's.  And if they're stainless steel, they're probably aftermarket.

I'm sure Steve will post a picture of what I'm describing as it's in the 1969 accessory flyer that I have but can't get to right now.

mike

Edited by mike
  • Like 1

Thanks Mike, They're aluminum.
dq
I would bet they are not BMW. I pulled a set of those from some 70s 2-seater convertable years ago, cuz I thought it looked like the factory upgrade for the early cars that had no covering on the threshold. The car I pulled them from was designed for the threshold, so it had a recessed space where the screw went through. They mounted directly onto the painted surface. And they were stainless steel.

If these are to be mounted on a different car, either the new screwhole would have to be recessed, or a gasket should me made to raise piece away from the paint.

I Left em with my parts stash when I moved, as I decided not to use them on my car.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

This spring we will have polished aluminum door sills for both the early and late 2002's.  They are in production now.

2002 alum door sill.jpg

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, 02Les said:

Original BMW protective strip for 2002 door sill

+1

Sill1.jpg.e5b7f7419db015af325ebd1ac1136c72.jpg

Seems to have been a popular accessory in the PNW (Canada). 

• Like 1